Recent Posts

MoonWillow
on 3/3/15 9:11 am - Canada
Topic: RE: New here

I am in Mission over on the mainland. Good luck with your appointment. I have an appointment in May. Wi**** would hurry up lol.

Smoochie70
on 3/2/15 11:07 am - Canada

Where are you from Moonwillow? Iam in Victoria. Have my appt. on April 1st at the Victoria Clinic. 

Smoochie70
on 3/2/15 11:03 am - Canada
Topic: RE: My next step in the journey.

Hi there. Iam at the Victoria Clinic also. Wow that is great you have had your orientation. Did you learn lots? What type of surgery are you hoping to have? Who is your surgeon? My husband will be going with me. He needs to learn lots too. Who did you take with you? I found this group through another friend on the mainland that had surgery many years ago. Best of luck to you too. Hopefully we can chat some more. 

MoonWillow
on 3/2/15 9:10 am - Canada

Hey Tamara. Thanks for the reply. I still need to get the recommended books but have done all the blood work that was requested. I don't need to do the sleep study as I already know that I have sleep apnea and use a cpap machine every night. Very exciting but stressful time. Trying to figure out how to retrain my brain isn't an easy task lol.

Take care and talk soon

tamarag55
on 3/2/15 8:12 am - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada
Topic: RE: My next step in the journey.

Hi! I just did my orientation last week, at the Victoria Clinic. Are you Richmond or Victoria? It was a lot to take in - if you can take someone with you, who will be with you for the long haul, it will help -  It is a lot of information and a but daunting. Also: ask questions! Don't be afraid to speak up! Questions are your friend! They are amazing and tell us lots, but there is always more to know. At least that is true for me! I am still reviewing everything and gathering the tools - that is how I got here! take good care and best of luck!

tamarag55
on 3/2/15 8:06 am - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada
Topic: RE: WLS Vancouver Island and Active Support Groups

I just went for my orientation at Royal Jubilee last week.  The dietician, Carla, was really great. She runs a program to help with healthy eating - Craving Change. here is the # to call Carla and her assistant, Michelle: 250-370-8641. I'm not sure when she is running the next group. She also recommended TOPS. I am in the Lower Mainland, so I will only be traveling to the Island for my appointments, but I wish you luck over there! ~Tamara

tamarag55
on 3/2/15 7:55 am - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada
Topic: RE: Getting my surgery on the 24th

Hello, everything I have read says we will feel crappy for a bit (couple of days to a  week or so). I hope you have supports, someone to do your short walks with and to reinforce that you can do it!

Tamara

tamarag55
on 3/2/15 7:50 am - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada

Hello! I am new here too. I just went to my orientation in Victoria last week. I am in Port Moody. I've picked up the recommended guide book at Chapters and got my fitness trackers. I'm deciding about going to TOPS or not; there are lots of chapters around here! Got my blood work  and ECG done today, and just waiting on the referral to the sleep clinic to confirm I don't have sleep apnea. Excited and hopeful. I'll be around on here once or twice a week, if you want to chat!

best and good luck on your journey!

Tamara

Bcal2015
on 2/27/15 11:48 pm
RNY on 07/11/16
Topic: RE: Getting my surgery on the 24th

Hey Brandy, 

You made it through! You will be on the losers bench in no time. Ive read that it is really common to have 2nd thoughts in the first while after surgery. Your doing the right thing by taking it day by day.   I look forward to hearing your progress.  I have a lot of weight to lose so Im thinking that the RNY is probably the surgery I will go with as well.

Take it easy and be kind to yourself. You can do this.

Most Active