Recent Posts

beelitehobbies
on 5/29/15 8:23 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15
Topic: RE: Helloooooo anybody home..where are all the BC sleevers???

VSG done in Toronto 6 weeks ago. Was a self pay. Gave up on the waiting after 1 year into the process.

looking for supports in BC.?

surgery and recovery was great.  Someone to talk to about this new life would be nice?

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

Smoochie70
on 5/27/15 1:22 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Havent been around much lately.

Thanks for the reply. Yes losing a family member is so very hard. Iam so sorry about the loss of your dad. Sounds like you have really had a struggle.  Would love to keep track of how you are doing. We can encourage each other. 

bbwvixen
on 5/26/15 7:46 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Havent been around much lately.

I am very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you, as it's never easy.

I not only got off track, but lost the whole damn track after my dad passed in 2011. A year

after my surgery. 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to add me to fb [email protected]

Smoochie70
on 5/25/15 10:35 pm - Canada
Topic: Havent been around much lately.

I havent been on much in the last while. We had a death in our family. Through me off track. Having trouble getting back on track. So here iam. Nice to see some new people who are starting out on this journey like iam.  So far i have had an appt with Dr. Malik in December Had my orientation at Jubilee. Had my blood work done and results are in. Sleep apnea test done and normal. On June 26th i have an appointment with Dr. Zetner and Carla. Would like to get to know some people here in Victoria and on the island. I know iam gonna need lots of support. It would be so great if we could try and get a support group going. 

MyTurn2012
on 5/23/15 9:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

The waiting game sure does mess with ones head! I'm a month out now and stuck in my first stall..second worst head game lol....but I won't whine and complain too much..I'm down a fair bit regardless ;-))

bbwvixen
on 5/23/15 6:46 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Regain and so depressed

Well that didn't work :(

I'm on Serequel 100mb

Cymbalta 90 mg

Zopiclone 7.5

Low Dosage Nalextrone (for fibro)

I'm seeing a therapist several times a week, but I don't think it's helping much.

My thyroid is a bit messed up, but again Ms Anti Medication NP says not enough for medication

bbwvixen
on 5/23/15 6:43 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Bariatric Support group in Vancouver

I'm in Surrey and actually did a post about this lol

I'm 5 years post op

bbwvixen
on 5/23/15 6:36 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: Anyone in the Lower Mainland Area?

I had my surgery in 2010 with Dr. Malik, after waiting 4+ years.

I initially lost 100lbs but a year later, I had hernia repair surgery and within ten days, my dad died. Things went to hell and a handbasket after that and I've gained 60lbs back.

There used to be so many support groups, but now I don't see anything :((

Just looking for someone local to talk to and hopefully get support.

bbwvixen
on 5/23/15 6:30 pm - Surrey, Canada

Dr Malik is very tough! The doctor he took over for (I can't remember his name off hand) told me I was ready and top of the list. Then I had to still have I think four appointments and another year with Dr. Malik. He is however, very good! My last appointment prior to surgery, I basically had my husband in with me and TOLD him I was ready and was at the top of the list from the previous doctor. It's like he was waiting for me to stand up for myself?

bbwvixen
on 5/23/15 6:27 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: LOOKING for some people going through similar

Just a head's up for the *newbies* and please I'm not intending to sound harsh, but Dr. Amson always says you'll hear *soon* and I was on his list for 4 years!!!! I finally had Dr Malik do my surgery but again my whole wait was 4+ years. 

Now one of my co students from college did the program through Richmond Bariactric Center and her wait was only 18 months!!!! I haven't heard of the one in Victoria, but I also haven't been paying attention much.

Most Active