Recent Posts

Mom2boys26
on 6/1/15 7:41 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: MSP Coverage in BC

How long did you have to wait from your referral to your surgery? I too am in the wait list for Dr Nguyen. I heard its 18 months before pre-op. 

Ayorama
on 6/1/15 2:14 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone in the Lower Mainland Area?

Check the richmond group's fb page.  I  know they have a support group.  there used to be one in abbotsford also.  When I first got involved in 2012, there was also one in langley, but no one was going, so they shut that one down.  Keep looking... they're out there.  Also, I get ALOT of support on FB groups.

Smoochie70
on 5/31/15 10:04 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Helloooooo anybody home..where are all the BC sleevers???

Congrats on your sugery. Wow Toronto was a long way to go. Surgery waits here are so long. It really does seem unfair. Where in B.C. do you live?

Smoochie70
on 5/31/15 9:59 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Things got a bit more real today

i have an appointment to see both Dr. Zetner and Carla on June 26th iam looking forward to seeing them. 

Smoochie70
on 5/31/15 9:55 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Havent been around much lately.

Losing a love one is  so very hard. So very sorry for you loss. iam trying to get back to things. it just isnt going well. iam also waiting for another surgery. i have 3 abdominal hernias. so the type of exercise i can do is very limited. it also affects what i can eat. So what i can eat sometimes is not healthy. i love fresh vegetables. the dont always easily digest though as a result. i have never been to a TOPS meeting before. i think a support group of some idea is a great idea. I was thinking OA. i really do need to find something. i have family and friends who love me and are rooting for me. I need more than that though. Take Care of yourself. 

tamarag55
on 5/31/15 1:58 pm - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada
Topic: liquid diet - sale at superstore this week

Hey everyone, just a heads up that superstore has their own pc brand and boost high protein on super sale this week. Haven't seen it this cheap. You can only buy 4 at a time so buy 4 of each brand and you are good to go! Considering we need to drink 4- 5 of these a day for 30 days ahead of surgery and how expensive they are, worth it to stock up. I  am also on the look out for when the diabetic ones go on sale...cheers!

tamarag55
on 5/31/15 9:17 am - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone in the Lower Mainland Area?

Hi! I'm in port moody,  at the start of the journey. I am going to start going to Tops, there are lots of chapters around the lower mainland. They seem to welcome wls'ers as well. I am also getting some professional counselling set up specific to weight/body image/ food triggers/ emotional eating. It is hard enough  to do this without dealing with grief and loss too. Feel free to contact me on here any time. You can do it! Take care!

tamarag55
on 5/30/15 11:34 pm - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada
Topic: RE: Havent been around much lately.

Hello again. My mom died recently too so I know exactly what you are going through. I had to do my sleep apnea test in the middle of it all. I am just getting back to this myself. I hope you have good supports and people who love you around too! Since I am in Vancouver and attending Victoria clinic I have decided to go to Tops as Carla suggested as a way to get a support group. They seem to have many chapters around. Maybe this might be an option for you? Be gentle with yourself and don't give up. Take care and best to you. Tamara

tamarag55
on 5/30/15 10:55 pm - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada
Topic: RE: Things got a bit more real today

Dr. Zentner is the internist who now runs the clinic. She just took over this year. Her own practice is in Vancouver. She is my doctor and I got into the Victoria program quickly because of that. I have my appointment with Dr. Malick booked for July. I would call Carla at Royal Jubilee and ask if she can book you an appointment to meet Dr. Zentner. Not sure how often she is at the clinic but it is worth a shot. She is touch but kind and compassionate and from what I can see is trying to change the way the clinic is run. Good luck!

beelitehobbies
on 5/29/15 8:35 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15
Topic: RE: Sharing my experience

Other option is Self Pay. I did mine in Canada.

Still a serious process . However way less BS than through BC medical and the above pre-op reporting process. I started that too. One time in life that money did actually buy happiness? Can make more money tomorrow. Health is right now! 

My 2 cents to add to the forum........

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

Most Active