Recent Posts

James_chambers
on 8/6/15 1:10 pm
Topic: RE: New guy here... Surgery tomorrow

I was referred to the program at the garret wellness Center about a yeah before my orientation. I had my orientation in February and the first mention of a possible surgery date was late June I believe. It seemed to me that the time has flown by. Because of my sleep apnea I had to be in ICU after surgery, but the staff there is great. I was up and walking yesterday, and hopefully going home today. On a side note it's weird not being hungry at all. I haven't eaten since Monday night and I still don't have any "hunger". I'm trying to drink as much as I can so that might be quashing the hunger a bit.

Reicken
on 8/5/15 2:59 pm - Victoria , Canada
Topic: RE: Just got home!

The first week was kinda rough with not being able to eat alot. My dietician was right, the liquid diet would most likely suck, but keeping to my guns and sticking it out....the whole short term pain for long term gain

Keeping the faith!

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

Daniel88
on 8/4/15 6:45 pm
Topic: RE: Just got home!

Congratulations on the surgery. How have things been over the first week?

Daniel88
on 8/4/15 6:43 pm

Good luck James. Hopefully when you are feeling up to it you can give us some details. How long you were on the wait list, how much notice you had before the surgery, and please keep us posted on the results. 

All the best.

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/4/15 12:19 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Great! I'm still on the wait list. so I'm very curious about the process. Hope your surgery goes well today!

James_chambers
on 8/3/15 10:51 pm

My surgery is in Richmond Canada, sorry I thought I posted in the British Columbia forum. 

Rhiannon, I'll do my best. I have three young kids,(4,2,9 months) so time to update might be spotty at best, but I want to keep a decent record of my sruggles and victories to possibly help others.  

-james

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/3/15 9:49 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Hi James,

Welcome to the board. Congrats on the weight you have lost so far and good luck tomorrow. Keep us posted!!!

Rhiannon

beelitehobbies
on 8/3/15 7:34 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Richmond, Virginia or Richmond, Canada?

good luck tomorrow BTW

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

James_chambers
on 8/3/15 9:32 am
Topic: New guy here... Surgery tomorrow

Good morning, I've been lurking for a little and figured why not start to contribute a little.  My name is James and I'm 32, and when I had my orientation in feb. I was 456 lbs. at my last weigh in I was 440, nothing earth shattering but it's in the right direction. I'm having a sleeve tomorrow in Richmond. I've heard that the wait lists are really long, but it seems like this has happened really fast. 

AnImperfectAngel
on 7/31/15 12:52 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17
Topic: RE: Waitlist

Thanks for the link. 47 months seems like forever. What type of surgery did you have and how has your weight loss been? Did you have Dr. Amson? Thanks!

Most Active