Recent Posts

Reicken
on 8/30/15 1:38 pm - Victoria , Canada
Topic: RE: got my surgery date - October 14th!

The liquid diet will help you lose some weight. I lost 13# on the liquid diet pre-surgery, so that helped out alot.

Keep up the good work! Its a marathon, not a sprint!

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

tamarag55
on 8/29/15 6:13 pm - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada
Topic: got my surgery date - October 14th!

Hi all. My surgery date is confirmed. 

I am a bit stuck and backsliding into binge eating a bit. Going to TOPS meetings helps tho. I go on liquid diet sept 14. I had hoped to be 10 lbs lighter than I am today but taking things one day at a time. still, excited and hopeful! Very much so! 

Best to all!! Take good care of yourselves! 

tamarag55
on 8/29/15 6:06 pm - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada
Topic: RE: Been Approved

I asked specifically about what happens when we lose weight and our bmi is lower ahead of surgery. They want us to make changes ahead of surgery and losing weight is part of that. Once approved, and in the program, it is OK that your bmi goes down. My go to is always: call the dietician Carla or her assistant Michelle and ask, get your questions answered. They will help, be reassuring and it will also get you on their radar. Hang in!!! 

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/29/15 12:31 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17
Topic: RE: New here

Hi Lynn,

Welcome! Im pretty new, as well. I live in Victoria and have been on the wait list for Dr. Amson for RNY for about a year and a half. I love this website, as it is a wealth of wisdom and support. Im so impatient about the surgery and feel like nothing is happening, as I have yet to even receive a phone call from his office but coming here regularly helps a lot. I feel like Im learning a ton of great info so Ill be better prepared if and when I ever get the surgery! Good luck on your journey. 

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

SHRINKINSISTA
on 8/28/15 10:57 pm
Topic: RE: New here

Hi everyone my name is Stephanie. I had surgery 5 years ago. I live in a glass bubble because I never knew this website existed until someone told me about it. Love hearing everyones stories and will be watching your progress. I went in for the sleeve but ended up with rny.

L_Ballantyne1962
on 8/28/15 10:53 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: What are the wait times in bc for gastric sleeve surgery?

From my orientation and meeting surgeon to sleeve was 6 months. From my referral to Dr. Zentner and the start of losing weight and starting program was 1 year. I meet Dr. Zentner at the end of August 2014 and had my surgery August 12th 2015. My surgeon was Dr. Malik....fabulous doctor. He is strict and no nonsense but truly a brilliant surgeon. Dr. Zentner was a gift to me, she is also no nonsense and direct but supportive and a great encouragement. Best decision I ever made was to go ahead with the sleeve. Since my surgery on August 12th I have lost 20lbs as of August 27th. I am still learning and adjusting to my new way of life but I feel so good and feel like for once in my life I have the tools to be successful on my journey to better health. It is new for me to put myself first and to care enough about myself. So I guess what I am saying is the wait time is worth it and just follow the instructions of your doctor. If you have the opportunity to work with Dr. Zentner  or Dr. Malik I give them 5 stars. Laura

James_chambers
on 8/27/15 6:37 pm

From my orientation meeting to surgery was 6 months. Probably about a year from my Dr's referral to orientation. Hope that helps. 😊

Reicken
on 8/26/15 8:52 pm - Victoria , Canada

Depends year to year on the budget that the health authorities have for surgery and your success at going through the program. I believe it took me between 2 and 2.5 years to go through the process start to sleeve.

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

Tygirl85
on 8/25/15 9:16 pm
Topic: What are the wait times in bc for gastric sleeve surgery?

What are the wait times in bc for gastric sleeve surgery?

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/24/15 6:28 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17
Topic: RE: Had VSG on August 12th Feeling Better Everyday!!!

Congrats on your weight loss! Great job. 

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Most Active