Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/15 10:45 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Date Oct 7th

All your hard work is paying off..congrats on getting your date. Hope to see you on the losing side soon. Take care and keep us posted on your progress. 

Amerlyn
on 9/11/15 7:54 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: What are the wait times in bc for gastric sleeve surgery?

It really depends on your success as well as what Dr you are referred to. Lam and Malik have faster first appointment dates. Amson is the surgeon who's been doing these surgeries the longest but it takes over a year and a half to get in to see him. And he has some people on his wait list that have been waiting 5yrs for surgery. Now that could be because they really aren't ready yet I don't know. 

Amerlyn
on 9/11/15 7:50 pm, edited 9/18/15 5:33 pm - Canada
Topic: Surgery Date Oct 7th

Got my date with Dr Lam! Let me know if anyone else is having surgery on or around that Date. Also for those in Victoria who are on Facebook there is a private group for Wls patients. Very positive and supportive group  :)

Amerlyn
on 9/11/15 7:46 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: got my surgery date - October 14th!

My surgery is Oct 7th with Dr Lam :) she's in the same office as with Malik. I'm on day 3 of the liquid diet and it's not as bad as I feared. Pour your shakes over ice...makes them go down way easier :)

Amerlyn
on 9/11/15 7:42 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Sleep Apnea Test

I was diagnosed with osa as well a year ago. The CPAP machine is amazing. It takes time to get used to but the sleep I get know is sooo much better. Now if I sleep without it I can really feel the difference. I wake up groggy and with a headache vs feeling almost well rested. Sure I'd rather not have to use a machine but the difference is enough that I will be very cautious as I loose weight and probably will stay on the machine till the Dr confirms it's gone.

Smoochie70
on 9/7/15 10:43 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Been Approved

wtg. 10lbs loss is great...

Reicken
on 9/6/15 10:02 pm - Victoria , Canada
Topic: RE: Sleep Apnea Test

Hi divina! I was diagnosed with OSA about 5 years before my VSG journey. If you are confirmed with OSA, then you will have to go on a CPAP to help you. Also, in Victoria, use of a CPAP if diagnosed is mandatory to be in the program. I find my sleep is was better with it and can't stand to be without. Hopefully you have extended health because the machines aren't cheap if you buy locally. There are stores elsewhere in the country that will sell the same machine for way less, but there is no after purchase follow up if that is what you are looking for as well.

good luck!

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

mamaj1950
on 9/6/15 1:17 am - Canada
Topic: RE: cheap place to stay in Victoria?

Hello you may try heart house they are around 70 i think but not sure if open on weekends.some hotels offer rates to people having surgery or medical appointments.ask hospital info for help they may know.good luck with everything hope this helps a bit.

mamaj1950
on 9/6/15 1:10 am - Canada
Topic: RE: got my surgery date - October 14th!

hello had my surgery  a sleeve on july 6 2015.i am 65 years old and it has been the best decision i could have made.i know you will do well i am down 29 pounds since then and follow all the rules.That is the key to success.best of luck and i know you will do well and be proud of yourself.All best wishes mamaj aka joan fanning.

LMN69
on 9/5/15 7:22 am - Canada
Topic: Richmond and waiting.

Hi all,

My name is Lisa.  I just joined, and have loved reading about everyone's experiences.   I have had a referral in at the Richmond Metobolic and Bariatric surgery centre for 13 months now.  I am hoping to learn from all of you so I can make the best educated decision when I get that call to come and meet the doctor.  

Most Active