Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/16 6:18 am
Topic: RE: Got my date

Good luck tomorrow!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/16 9:34 am
Topic: RE: Got my date

Congrats on getting your date Daniel88!! Hope th holidays were okay for you and the liquid diet was bearable. A small sacrifice for a lifetime of healthy living. I'm still waiting to hear from my surgeon but see Dr. Z every month until then. Hope all goes well in the 13th, you're so close!! Please let me know how everything goes. 

Take Care :)

Whendalynn
on 12/9/15 7:36 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Duodenal Switch in BC?

Is the DS an option now or still a no?

Daniel88
on 12/4/15 10:19 pm
Topic: Got my date

Hello everyone.

I got the call from Christina at Dr. Lam's office earlier today. My date is January 13th.

To say my head is spinning would be something of an understatement. I feel like there are so many things to do and I don't know where to start. I imagine that this is what it feels like to run a marathon where you are focused on putting one foot in front of the other. Suddenly you can see the finish line, but it takes some time to register what it actually means. 

It is happening. It is actually happening.

Six weeks from today, I will be leaving the hospital. It feels so far away and so close at the same time. 

Until then, I will keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Daniel

Whendalynn
on 12/2/15 9:14 pm - Canada
Whendalynn
on 11/26/15 3:39 pm - Canada
Wefferson
on 11/26/15 10:04 am - Canada
Topic: RE: panniculectomy

Has anyone heard of any updates on the MSP covering a panniculectomy? I have a belly (not excess skin) that has been getting sores, and is really affecting my quality of life, as I am trying to work out, and I play sports but it gets in the way, it's even difficult tying a shoe or shaving down below. I'm really interested if it's possible to get this procedure covered by MSP, and would love any information anyone might have. I am making an appointment to meet with my doctor to discuss this so I would just like to have all the information ready.

can anyone help?! please!!

Thank you. I look forward to your responses.

Reicken
on 11/26/15 1:18 am - Victoria , Canada
Topic: RE: Step By Step

If you had a choice to pick another surgeon, I would. Go with Dr. Malik if at all possible. I had issues with Amson from the start and once I switched to Malik, everything went well. Also, are you scheduled to see Carla at RJH for the orientation? That would be your best first step. That gets you 'in the program'.

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

Whendalynn
on 11/25/15 5:00 pm - Canada
Daniel88
on 11/25/15 1:44 pm
Topic: RE: Newbie

Hi Cat

It sound like you have the right attitude. Yes it is hard, but anything worthwhile is. We have all been in this path for a while, each one with success and setbacks. 

In the end, it will be worth everything you have put into this. I have a friend who had the surgery over 2 years ago and she has been so supportive in my journey.

Today is a major milestone for me as I am 2 hours away from meeting the surgeon. It has been over a year since I told Dr. Zentner to put my name on the list. If not for a clerical error, I probably would have had the surgery by now. But the past is no where near as important as the future. There will be more challenges ahead and a good attitude and the knowledge that the process is worth it because you are worth it will carry  you through them.

All the best.

daniel

Most Active