Recent Posts

Jibledoe
on 3/16/16 12:53 pm
VSG on 04/06/16
Topic: RE: Questions for anyone who's gone through the Royal Jubilee Program

Thanks rabgal, I think 2 days is probably okay.  I'll for sure let everyone know how I'm doing, I started to journal right after I met with Dr. Lam as it started to feel real then and I thought it would be interesting to read it back after the journey.  I've been seeing Dr. Z monthly for about 4 years now so it's a different feeling when I started to meet with Carla and Dr. Lam.  I'm drinking Glucerna right now, I might try the Boost diabetic.  I'm a little frugal so I bought glucerna because it was on sale for $7.99/6 pack at London Drugs.  I did sign up on Glucerna's website for coupons, yesterday $25 worth of coupons for $3-5 off each pack arrived in my mail talk about timing!

The hospitals only provide certain weeks for bariatric, so it might take some time after your meeting with Dr. Lam to get a date, for me it was about a month, and then only one month before the actual surgery because someone was bumped. You're definately close to a date!

Jibledoe
on 3/16/16 12:42 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Thanks Odette! Dr. Lam is doing my surgery.  My consultation with Dr. Lam was on January 29th.  I'm on day one of the Pre-op diet, so far so good.  My current weight is 327.

AnImperfectAngel
on 3/16/16 12:37 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

This is so exciting for you guys! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Odettework
on 3/15/16 9:53 pm

yes..one of the very few downfalls to living in a smaller or rural part of town :)

Odettework
on 3/15/16 9:37 pm

Well so good to meet you Sam. Yes I have had 2 one on one appts with them, and this april will be the 3rd i believe? So when I go down to van in april, I will be seeing Dr.Z, Carla, and Dr.Malik ...Maybe Dr.Maliks office does things a bit differently? Hope the send requisition asap cause im in PG everything takes forever.

Sounds like you may be having surgery pretty fast here!!!

rabgal
on 3/15/16 9:31 pm, edited 3/18/16 12:04 pm

I'm  Sandra but I go by Sam :) 

I haven't had the upper GI yet but Christina in Dr Lam' s office said they've sent the requisition to my hospital.

Have you not met with Dr Z and Carla yet for one on one appointments?    My call from Dr Lam's office just happened to coincede closely with my quarterly appointments with Dr Z and Carla.

I also got phoned about a referral to a local dietician so I'll do that on April 18th.

Odettework
on 3/15/16 9:15 pm

Oh yah you are probably right, whats your name?!

I haven't been booked with internist, nutritionist or for my GI test..hmmm...

rabgal
on 3/15/16 8:30 pm, edited 3/18/16 11:58 am

We definitely are!

A woman in my Craving Change program and I were talking at our final class this week and turns out she has an appointment with Dr Malik in April as well. It's like a mini-boom ... I'm hoping it's because of a new fiscal year budget and we'll be in quickly with surgery dates :)

Odettework
on 3/15/16 8:23 pm

I feel like you and I are at very similar points in our WLS journey..I am so excited for us :)

Odettework
on 3/15/16 8:21 pm
Topic: RE: Orientation Date

wow thats crazy fast!!! I hope my appt with dr.malik in april, goes as well as yours. Congrats how exciting!! and Id like to keep in touch with all of you.

I have finally purchased my CPAP ..have not had a chance to really use it was I have been sick..and just could not tolerate it! It does take some getting used to, I felt at the end of my trial, it began to feel good. So hope it is effective for you!

Most Active