Recent Posts

Jibledoe
on 3/22/16 12:24 pm
VSG on 04/06/16
Topic: RE: Orientation Completed

That's excellent Rhiannon! In my orientation, there were actually a few people who straight up stated that the nutritionist was essentially saying "there will be no joy in your life anymore" and 2 people didn't even continue for their follow ups after the orientation, but it's not a choice for everyone.  

Keep up the good work!

AnImperfectAngel
on 3/21/16 5:03 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17
Topic: Orientation Completed

So I finally went to my orientation today. Another step closer to surgery.

I was shocked that a few of the people who attended didn't seem to know anything at all about the process. I mean we have at least two years to prepare, so it seems really weird to me that they wouldn't have done any research.

I was also surprised that I will probably be getting the sleeve rather than RNY which I thought would be better for me. They said that they are really pushing the sleeve right now in about 90% of cases.

Most of the information was a review for me but I did have it confirmed that I will have to be proactive and responsible for my own success.

I'm so glad that I've done the work that I have, it's put me so far ahead of the game. In the past few months, I have given up caffeine, pop, salt, chocolate, fast food and high fat and sugary foods and added one hour of brisk walking everyday.

I'm going to continue to move forward by making better choices so that my journey will be as successful as possible.

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Jibledoe
on 3/20/16 9:14 pm
VSG on 04/06/16
Topic: Pre-op Liquid Diet

Alright this might be TMI but you may want to make sure you don't have plans on days 1-4 of the diet after that the gas and bathroom trips tend to regulate but for a couple of days there I was not happy to be at work now things are fine other than my nerves that this surgery is only a couple weeks away....

Good luck to anyone starting their pre-op diet soon!

rabgal
on 3/18/16 12:38 am
rabgal
on 3/17/16 6:59 pm
Topic: RE: Vancouver Islanders

Absolutely!!! Come on in :)

rabgal
on 3/17/16 6:52 pm
Topic: RE: Questions for anyone who's gone through the Royal Jubilee Program

Ohhhh thanks Jill - I'll be getting a few of those 

Jibledoe
on 3/17/16 6:22 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Hi Sam and Odette,

Just in case you want to stockpile some Glucerna it goes on sale tomorrow at London Drugs $7.99/6 pack.  I'm taking my coupons in tomorrow to stock up.

Jill

Jibledoe
on 3/16/16 8:23 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Thanks Sam,

Dr. Lam is great I just brought a one month printout she didn't actually look at it though, Carla and Dr.Z always do but Dr. Lam didn't but bring it just in case. I found they were looking for protein consumption daily more than anything else just to make sure you were getting enough and could keep it up after surgery.

Day one of glucerna done I made the mistake of taking only wild berry to work I need some variety tomorrow's stash will be better. 

Cheers,

Jill

rabgal
on 3/16/16 7:41 pm

Fantastic Jibledoe!  Can't wait to hear about your progress.

I'll definitely sign up for the coupons - that's a great tip :)

How have you found working with Doctor Lam? I have been keeping my journal in MyFitnessPal since last June so I'll be bringing a pretty large stack of paper with me to my appointment, lol.

So excited to see things getting closer :)

Cheers,

Sam

Jibledoe
on 3/16/16 1:27 pm
VSG on 04/06/16
Topic: RE: Vancouver Islanders

Can people who live in the lower mainland but are having their surgery in Victoria join? If it helps my parents are in Campbell River, and I got married on the island...lol..

Most Active