Recent Posts

rabgal
on 3/28/16 3:28 pm
Topic: RE: Pre-op Liquid Diet

You're doing fabulous, Jill !!  You've coined a great phrase, "brain hungry" what a great term - I'll have to remember that.  Keep fighting the good fight, warrior woman; you've got this!!!  11.5 pounds may be on spot for weight loss; I've heard of 15 pounds lost on the pre-op diet too.  

Today, I'm fighting the chocolate eggs - I managed to keep them out of the house and then my daughter brought home a large kinder surprise egg for everyone and I gave in :(  ate 1/2 of it.  Tomorrow is another day though so onward, yet downward on the scale.

Jibledoe
on 3/28/16 1:16 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Thanks for checking in!

It's tough, I have to say this last weekend was the worst, I've been depressed before but never like this, I was just dead.  I'm not physically hungry but I'm head hungry all the time, I miss chewing, using utensils and dishes like a normal person, and I miss salt, or anything savoury really. 

I crave a runny egg on toast like nobody's business it's all I can think about.

The belly noises, are kind of embarassing, it's become a joke at the office now, if the tenant above us drops some boxes of paper or something, I'm right in there with "don't worry, it's just my stomach".  Helps to joke about it.

I had my visit with my GP last week, all was good, she weighed me and checked my blood pressure.  I've never had high blood pressure, and it was high, I blame the diet I think it's stressing me out, and I think the weight is wrong so I'll check with Dr. Z at my appointment on Wednesday.  If the weight is right however, it will have meant that I lost 11.5 pounds in one week of liquid diet, and that seems unlikely. 

To get out of my depressed funk this weekend, I cleaned out my clothes, folded and bagged, everything I currently wear and anything I don't want anymore for my next clothes swap, set up the spare bedroom (where I'll be sleeping when I first come home) and cleaned out and organized my tupperware.

I have an important client in town today and I had to send my second in command to take him to a lovely italian lunch, while I sit here, drink my glucerna and fart.

What a glorious life I lead! I just keep telling myself I'm over halfway there....

Sorry for rambling, how are you doing?

Jill

rabgal
on 3/28/16 1:35 am

How's liquid life going now, Jill?

rabgal
on 3/28/16 1:30 am
Topic: RE: Got my date

Hey Daniel - was wondering how your surgery went and how you're doing?  Hope all is well :) 

rabgal
on 3/28/16 1:24 am
Topic: RE: Question for post op members

I'd be interested in this too, Karen.  My spouse and I have talked about whether to do this after or not.

rabgal
on 3/28/16 1:17 am
Topic: RE: Counselling Recommendations?

I've taken the Craving Change program at our local VIHA nurses centre - very beneficial if its available in your area. My work also has an employee assistance program which offers some helpful info. Sorry I'm not familiar with counsellors in the mid-island and south. You can ask your GP for suggestions or your health unit.

WyzWmn
on 3/25/16 9:47 pm - Victoria, Canada
Topic: Question for post op members

Hi

im wondering if any of you have had skin removal surgery once you've lost your weight and what part if any was covered by MSP?

cheers

Karen

WyzWmn
on 3/25/16 9:37 pm - Victoria, Canada
Topic: RE: Questions for anyone who's gone through the Royal Jubilee Program

Hi...I'm Karen and I live in Victoria...I'm just about to gave my 2nd appointment with Carla and Dr. Z. (April 2) I'm looking forward to surgery as a means to hopefully get my diabetes and sleep apnea under control. I'm a little concerned as I also gave Crohns Disease but my internet referred me to the program so I guess in her opinion it's ok.

it will be good to talk to others that are in the same program.  

M1st2be
on 3/24/16 12:55 am
Topic: Counselling Recommendations?

Thanks for the welcome and the responses to my last post.  I'm wondering if along this journey any of you have received counselling?  I know that in order to be successful at this I'm going to need to take a serious look at some of my behaviours around food - so I'm looking for a counsellor who has some experience working with people who are obese. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?  I live mid-island so anyone practicing between Victoria and Nanaimo.

rabgal
on 3/23/16 11:12 pm
Topic: RE: How long?

Mine's been about a 3 to 4 year process but I did get caught in the change over from Dr Amson running the program to it being run by the RJH.  My referral went in late 2012 and I got notification in May 2013 of a booked appointment with Dr Amson (for 1.5 years later!!!). I finally met with Dr A in December 2014 where he told me I was approved.

Unfortunately, it didn't count any longer and I  had to re-enter the process.  I had my orientation on June 25 2015 and I'm finally meeting my surgeon, Dr Lam, on April 11th 2016. 

It's a long road but that does help weed out those looking for an instant fix. You need the time to build new healthy habits to succeed in a new way of life :)

Most Active