Recent Posts

winter_jayne
on 4/3/16 11:18 pm
Topic: RE: New here!

Thanks! That sounds pretty close to what i am doing, except for coffee. That is going to be a major adjustment for me. 
I am working with my counselor on Mindful Eating. It is a lot harder than I had imagined. Have you ever read the assignment on how to eat a raisin? Very neat way of practicing it! 

Thank you again! I look forward to hearing about your journey. Your next apt is soon, isn't it?

rabgal
on 4/3/16 10:45 pm

They don't give a specific diet to follow so your nutritionist would be helpful for that.  During the orientation I was just told to maintain good, healthy eating habits, exercise and keep a food journal.  They do put a focus on protein as after surgery it's the #1 priority to get in your body first.  

Here are some of the notes I took during the orientation:

• Keep a food and activity diary and bring to all appointments (I use MyFitnessPal)
  • Make time for at least 30 minutes of exercise daily
  • Increase your activity levels
  • Plan your meals with a focus on lean protein, veggies and fruit
  • Limit snacks to 2/day
  • Avoid fast foods and fried, fatty foods
  • Eliminate caffeinated, carbonated and sweetened beverages
  • Chew each bite of food 20 to 25 times - practice mindful eating

winter_jayne
on 4/3/16 9:33 pm

Do they give you a specific diet to follow? I worked with a nutritionist and have went back to that plan the second I got the call for orientation. Hoping that isn't too different from one they recommend. 

Winter

rabgal
on 4/2/16 11:48 pm

Welcome Win :) Counselling is a great idea as well; the program coordinators look favourably on those that are taking proactive steps towards changing their habits.  

rabgal
on 4/2/16 11:44 pm
Topic: RE: Just got the call!!

How absolutely wonderful -- I've only shared with my immediate family (spouse, kids, dad, sis & bros) and best friends.  I can't wait to hear all about your successes :)

I'm feeling some minor pangs of jealousy as I wait to hear about my surgery date, lol

winter_jayne
on 4/1/16 11:19 am

Congratulations!! Very exciting time!!

I told my family, and 2 friends, basically anyone that is around me all the time that will notice things changing. That said, I am an open book about my entire life, so I don't think I will keep it that much of a secret. 

AnImperfectAngel
on 4/1/16 10:40 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Congrats! So happy for you.

Best of luck.

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Jibledoe
on 3/31/16 8:48 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Congrats I've kept it to a minimum my family and my staff ( only because it's hard to explain why you can't eat for 3 weeks) and my best friend. I wanted to avoid any negative "helpful" feedback.

Jibledoe
on 3/31/16 8:44 pm
VSG on 04/06/16
Topic: RE: Info for anyone travelling for Surgery in BC

Yay for May! Congrats! No I'm travelling with my husband and after the surgery he has to go back to work and then my mom is coming to stay.

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/16 4:44 pm
Topic: RE: Info for anyone travelling for Surgery in BC

Thanks for the info Jill!! I will have my surgery in May and will look into this soon.  Are you traveling on your own?

Most Active