Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/16 10:15 am
Topic: RE: Checking In

Good luck today!

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/16 10:14 am

Congrats on getting your date!! I'm starting my liquid diet tomorrow but have been drinking meals replacement  shakes for breakfast and lunch since Mother's Day. I also  go to Victoria may 20 to meet with the anesthesiologist. 

Odettework
on 5/11/16 7:23 am

Hey guys , Sam seems your time is coming near! I still have not completed X-ray. My surgery date is booked for June.7, with Malik. My liquid diet will start may 17! I attempted to start it earlier as suggested by Malik, and when telling Carla.. She quickly reminded me to start early is not good. So to be honest I have been eating more then usual and slacking .. I am going to clean it up. Hope you all have a great week !

M1st2be
on 5/10/16 9:52 pm
Topic: RE: So I've got OSA and a few questions

Thanks WinterJayne.  Never thought of renting a machine - I'll look into it.  But the wait time from referral to actual surgery is so long that I might end up paying just as much to rent a machine as to buy!  LOL!

M1st2be
on 5/10/16 9:50 pm

Thanks for the reply and the info Reicken!

Reicken
on 5/10/16 6:31 am, edited 5/9/16 11:29 pm - Victoria , Canada
Topic: RE: Question for post op members

Personally I'm probably going to go for it once I reach a better weight than where I am at now, and stabilize there. As for MSP kicking in, I seriously doubt they'll cover it. MSP only covers 'Medically necessary' procedures, and skin removal surgery is, in the eyes of the BC Government, cosmetic.

Take your time, see what you look like after you are at your goal and stabilize there, then decide if you want to spend the money. I'm not sure how much it would be since all surgeons charge differently, but my guess is that it will be about the cost of a Toyota Corolla for the 'full makeover'.

winter_jayne
on 5/9/16 10:13 pm
Topic: RE: Counselling Recommendations?

I just had my 2nd class at Craving Change and I think it's a wonderful program. Really great to have some ideas on changing my routines and my relationship with food! 
When did you do your program?

winter_jayne
on 5/9/16 10:11 pm

I have had my machine for 4 years now, for OSA. What a world of difference it has made to my daily life.  For me, I don't think it's doing anything for me, until I miss a night. I wake up with a "stuffy" feeling nose (which is actually inflammation in my nasal passage from snoring) and a dull headache that lasts all day, on top of feeling really really tired.  So now I never ever miss a night, it's a well traveled machine ;)

You will have to have a compliancy report, perhaps you could talk about renting one until after the surgery, if you don't want to own it after your weight drops? 

winter_jayne
on 5/9/16 10:01 pm
Topic: RE: Orientation!!

That must be hard to be around. It's great that you are doing so well despite!

I am curious how my big family dinners will change afterwards because my family loves to celebrate/congratulate with food. 

Reicken
on 5/9/16 10:00 pm - Victoria , Canada

If you have been diagnosed with OSA, then the use of the machine will be mandatory pre and post operation. I was diagnosed with OSA, and have used the machine religiously and can tell you that without a doubt, the machine will help. Make sure that you use the machine daily as if you don't use it, they can delay or cancel your surgery.

Everyone is different, but I'm 10 months out and although I choose to use the machine still, I was just told that my latest overnight test showed that I no longer have OSA.

Keep up the good work. Step by step is all you can do! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Most Active