Recent Posts

winter_jayne
on 11/20/16 2:05 pm
Topic: First appointment!!

Finally had my first appointments with Dr Zentner and Carla. I had heard so many great things about Dr Z, but she really is amazing in person. I went in there wanting to prove I was ready and I barely got through and she leans over and goes "I am approving you today for surgery" I teared up right away. 

She said I should have my surgery within the year but most likely in the spring, and I am SO READY!!  
I would really like to join the FB page that they have, does anyone have the info for that? Carla mentioned emailing me the link but she hasn't yet.

I really hope everyone is doing great. This is a long, hard road, and although I am doing good, I know there will be hurdles, so I am just enjoying the high of the moment. 

Winter

AnImperfectAngel
on 11/13/16 9:20 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17
Topic: RE: Progress Update

Hi Mjdvan,

I've heard a lot of great things about Dr. Zentner. I have Dr. Van Den Burg who is also wonderful.

I was also diagnosed with sleep apnea and have been using cpap for several months.

I will meet with the dietician once more before surgery but that's it for my appointments until I'm post-op.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Mjdvan
on 11/13/16 4:32 am
Topic: RE: Progress Update

Congrats that is great progress!!

I have been seeing doctor zentner though i was only referred to wls in.june (wish i asked years ago). I have terrible sleep apbnea waiting to see sleep clinic. Do you have any more appointments presurgery

heypreethi
on 11/11/16 6:31 pm
Topic: RE: can you tell me HOW to get covered by msp?

Do Anyone Know the  surgeon who filled a OOC form. 

AnImperfectAngel
on 11/10/16 7:17 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17
Topic: Progress Update

Okay, I can't believe how slow this board has been, so I'm going to try to resurrect some life back into it with a progress report.

I'm in Victoria and will finally be getting wls in January after a long and painful wait.

I am down 32 lbs. so far since my consult and have made the lifestyle changes necessary to be successful after surgery.

I would love to communicate more with others in BC who are at different stages of this process and I know that there must be others out there who are lurking and could benefit from sharing.

I do belong to a local fb group but this forum provides a different form of info sharing and support.

Thoughts? Is it just me?

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

bbwvixen
on 10/31/16 9:33 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Got my date for revision!

How did you get revision approved? I had rny with dr. Malik 2011, a year later I had hernia repair, and a week later, my dad died.  I spent the next year drinking, eating and in a huge depression. 

crsrenee
on 10/26/16 2:12 pm
Topic: RE: Assessment Done

Hello, Just wondering how long your wait was from referral to assessment and how long it is expected to be until surgery?

Thank You

mappenrodt
on 10/20/16 5:37 pm

Unfortunately, Lapband surgery is not covered by MSP. The only surgeries that are covered are the Sleeve and the gastric bypass.

cinnybella3
on 10/7/16 11:16 am, edited 10/7/16 4:17 am - Nanaimo, Bc

Hi. I am in nanaimo BC. I want Lapland surgery. Does anyone know how I could get covered on msp. Any help or ideas?

Graymatter
on 10/3/16 3:12 pm
VSG on 09/13/16
Topic: RE: Surgery this Tuesday!

Re: entertainment . . . Netflix, reading and knitting. Also, a dear friend gave me an adult colouring book and a box of 60 pencil crayons - my new happy place is at my kitchen table, colouring and listening to CBC radio. 

Most Active