Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/16 2:19 pm - CA
Topic: RE: Leaving Province Quick UPDATE

Congrats on the progress!   Are you having VSG or RNY?

dietersteven
on 12/1/16 8:53 pm
Topic: Leaving Province Quick UPDATE

Went to Quebec in September for GBP Surgery after waiting almost two years with  no reply to my doctors referrals here in BC. 

• The wait for surgery was six weeks. 
  • Doctors and Support staff were outstanding, supportive, kind and friendly 
  • Post operative and dietician support have been amazing.
  • Cost $19,500.00 

The results so far:

• Pain was minimal 
  • lots of bloating due to surgical gas used but doctors
  • Nausea from anesthetic was pretty intense but no vomiting (thankfully)
  • Previous weight:337
  • Pre-op diet Weight loss (Optifast) 34 Lbs 
  • Post-op weight loss 54 Lbs
  • Lots of energy 

instead of being challenged to stop eating I find it challenging to eat the full recommended amounts so now I have to think carefully and plan meals around nutritional goals!!!

Feels great!!! 

Bcal2015
on 12/1/16 12:03 pm
RNY on 07/11/16
Topic: Petition for MSP coverage of Skin Removal surgery - please sign

Hi everyone!  This is something that is important for many of us.  Please sign this petition, share on facebook with friends.  Let's make this happen.  Please note, if you wish to remain anonymous, be sure to uncheck the box that indicates "Display my name and comment on this petition"  

Here is the link:https://www.change.org/p/bc-ministry-of-health-msp-coverage- for-excess-skin-removal-post-extreme-weight-loss?recruiter=4 12592206&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Dconway
on 11/30/16 8:15 pm
Topic: RE: MSP Coverage in BC

Can you tell me how I can get msp to cover my surgery I've struggled with my weight for over a decade and it seems it doesn't matter what I do I can't lose weight and if I do it's at most ten pounds but I gain it back with in a month 

M1st2be
on 11/29/16 8:12 am
Topic: RE: First appointment!!

Thanks Winter!  Just eight months since they put in my referral - so a LONG way to go.  Hardest part is not hearing ANYTHING at all.  It would be nice if they could just confirm you're on the list and how many are in front of you.  :-))  in the meantime I'll check out the Facebook group.

winter_jayne
on 11/28/16 10:32 pm
Topic: RE: Bucket List

Those are fantastic! Well done!

winter_jayne
on 11/28/16 10:21 pm

Referral was Sept 2014, orientation was may 2016, and first appointment was Nov 2016. If I get surgery in the spring, would be 2.5 years to new beginning. where are you on your wait?

The Facebook group is called Victoria Bariatrics. It's a closed group, so you'll need to request to be added. It's a bit more active than it is here.

M1st2be
on 11/28/16 10:05 pm

Congrats on your WLS moving forward!  Nice to see that happening for some people on these boards.  How long was your wait from referral to orientation to meeting with surgeon?

Also - can you share the link for the Facebook group?  I'm looking for as much support as I can while I endure the long wait.

bbwvixen
on 11/26/16 7:46 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Bucket List

I have gone parasailing, ziplining, and climbed and then jumped dowm ****erfalls ?

winter_jayne
on 11/24/16 5:02 pm
Topic: Bucket List

So, part of my first visit with Dr Z she asked me to make a Bariatric Bucket List. I know some of you are on the FB page, but I thought I would ask here too..

What are some things you are looking forward t after surgery? (or have done since that you are proud of?)

I have quite a list, considering I havebeen obese since I was about 9 or 10. I feel like I've missed out on a lot.

Most Active