Recent Posts

skinnygal2
on 12/20/16 5:24 am
Topic: RE: Bariatric Help in Vancouver/Victoria

If I agree to Dr. Lyons program what do I have to pay ( all these programs seem to have hidden costs). Do I get in faster then to the surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/16 9:50 am
Topic: Dietitian Meeting

on Wednesday I will have my first meeting with the dietitian at Garratt Wellness. Excited things are moving along. Blood work tomorrow and luckily no sleep test as I'm already using a CPAP machine. Hope everyone else is doing well, quiet site. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/16 6:36 am
Topic: RE: Richmond Pre-Op Diet
On December 14, 2016 at 6:01 PM Pacific Time, Heather L. wrote:

Everyone's pre-op diet is custom-tailored to the individiual's tastes and requirements, so you shouldn't try using someone else's.

That being said, the general guidelines appears to be 1200 or fewer calories, with a focus on low-sodium, fibre, non-refined carbs and a good amount of protein.  Oh, and no caffeine and herbs/spices (Mrs. Dash was allowed, though).

Thank you so much! My orientation went well and I will be meeting with the dietitian next week. I think it's a good start. 

Heather L.
on 12/14/16 10:01 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15
Topic: RE: Richmond Pre-Op Diet

Everyone's pre-op diet is custom-tailored to the individiual's tastes and requirements, so you shouldn't try using someone else's.

That being said, the general guidelines appears to be 1200 or fewer calories, with a focus on low-sodium, fibre, non-refined carbs and a good amount of protein.  Oh, and no caffeine and herbs/spices (Mrs. Dash was allowed, though).

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/16 12:12 pm
Topic: Richmond Pre-Op Diet

Can anyone who has been through the program in Richmond please tell me what the pre-op diet is like? Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/16 3:50 pm, edited 12/13/16 9:59 pm
Topic: Orientation Wednesday

Hello!

After a referral being sent in 2015, I just got a call from Garratt Wellness to attend orientation this Wednesday. I had forgotten about it. They had a cancellation. Anyone else going this Wednesday?

AnImperfectAngel
on 12/6/16 3:27 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17
Topic: RE: Leaving Province Quick UPDATE

So they say I will have surgery in April. If that doesn't happen I don't know what to do. It's been three years. This waiting is absolutely ridiculous and I'm regretting not just doing self-pay from the start. You made a very wise decision!

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

dietersteven
on 12/5/16 3:53 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! I had RNY, on sept 25th. It's been a huge success! It's almost three months since starting their prep diet and over two months since the surgery and I've lost a total of 90lbs! My wife is a huge support! (She had gastroplasty 20 years ago). Although I had a lot of experience with relatives who had similar surgeries and saw their lives change ......  it was way bigger that I ever could have imagined! 

dietersteven
on 12/5/16 3:37 pm

I'm so sorrry for your wait. ? You can still go to Montreal if you can raise the funds. 

I think the BCMA does a lot of extra care and education with the patients that might be worth waiting for. 

My wife and father in law had stomach staples 15-20 years ago and I watched their successes and challenges and helped them in their recoveries so I had a lot of information about how my life would change, also have been in therapy for four years and have been dealing with the emotional component so I didn't feel that I needed all of the classes and training that the BC system involves. 

I hope your your surgery is booked soon! I wish I could have done it here for free! 

AnImperfectAngel
on 12/5/16 3:30 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

So happy for you!

I'm still waiting... If I could do it over again, I would go the same route.

I should not have wasted three years of my life waiting and watching my health continue to decline.

Congrats on being proactive!

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Most Active