Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/17 8:44 am
Topic: RE: Day 3

Hey girl! Have you started your pre-op diet? Did you get a date?

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/17 8:39 am
Topic: Surgery Postponed

Well my surgery did not happen yesterday. I've postponed my date until March 7, plenty of time to heal during spring break.

Mjdvan
on 1/24/17 12:09 am
Topic: RE: I need help

Hi there

Sorry for the delayed reply this board is slooow

No one can make that choice for you. As some on one the waiting list.. I have a lot time to do research. I just wanted to say that my reasons are.. I'm a binge eater.. A life long food addict who has been obese since. 8 years. Old. For me the choice is crystal clear as to why I need this surgery. For you, you know the reasons.  If you truly feel able to do this on your own and maintain..  Then by all means! That is a wonderful thing to change your life. If you do decide to cancel.. I would tell the surgeon Asap as there literally thousands of people waiting. Good luck with your choice!

Mjdvan
on 1/24/17 12:07 am
Topic: RE: I need help

Hi there

Sorry for the delayed reply this board is slooow

No one can make that choice for you. As some on one the waiting list.. I have a lot time to do research. I just wanted to say that my reasons are.. I'm a binge eater.. A life long food addict who has been obese since. 8 years. Old. For me the choice is crystal clear as to why I need this surgery. For you, you know the reasons.  If you truly feel able to do this on your own and maintain..  Then by all means! That is a wonderful thing to change your life. If you do decide to cancel.. I would tell the surgeon Asap as there literally thousands of people waiting. Good luck with your choice!

Kikay
on 1/21/17 10:53 am

Yes please do tell about your previous op diet

Kikay
on 1/21/17 10:51 am
Topic: I need help

Thank you for adding me. I really need help and encouragement as I am very confused. I have a surgery date for Sleeve on February 14th and to be honest, I have not done a lot of research which I am slowly doing now. I only met my surgeon once and the next time I will meet him will be on the day of my surgery. I don't have preoperative diet and post operative diet. I am from Canada and this surgery is covered. I lose 65 lbs recently doing ketogenic diet and this opportunity came along. I am really scared and contemplating of not getting the surgery since I was able to lose weight on my own. However, part of me still want this surgery. I started 297 lbs and I am now 230 lbs. Any thoughts?

jillydopop
on 1/10/17 5:20 pm
VSG on 02/09/17
Topic: RE: First appointment!!

They probably won't disclose how many ahead of you... but their process is (I think) that they fax a stamped copy back to your doctor, and that is the indicator it was received. Maybe check with your doctor?

jillydopop
on 1/10/17 5:18 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

Tell me more about the pre-op diet. Rumour has it I may be starting it on the 24th.

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/17 11:09 am
Topic: Day 3

Day 3 of pre-op diet and it's going well. 1200 calories a day and it's not liquid. I like it!!

jillydopop
on 1/8/17 2:53 pm
VSG on 02/09/17
Topic: RE: Got A Date!!

From what I hear should be next month.

I'm kind of glad. I've only been to orientation on Dec 7th, and hadn't been put on a pre-op diet yet.

So this will buy me a little time to sort out those details.

Most Active