Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/17 8:57 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Postponed

Did you have someone with you during scope?

jillydopop
on 2/4/17 8:54 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I was told at my pre-admission last week that we have to take 4 weeks off of work and no lifting more than 10lbs for six weeks and no driving for two weeks.

I'm nervous and scared at this point, so close! I'll be at Richmond Hospital on Thursday (surgery is 12:30 pm) and I will be discharged some time on Friday.

I will definitely keep you in the loop with everything for sure.

The scope is a little nerve wracking - my advice is to accept the sedation. 

jillydopop
on 2/4/17 8:50 pm
VSG on 02/09/17
Topic: RE: Hair loss

I belong to several facebook groups that discuss this matter at length daily lol

I've heard that getting your protein in and taking 10,000 mcg can help. Also products (like Nioxin *sp).

I think that it starts around month 3 - and goes on for 3-6 months and that it all grows back.

jillydopop
on 2/4/17 8:49 pm
VSG on 02/09/17
Topic: RE: Bypass vs vsg

Dr. Sampath is doing my surgery. And thank you :) I'm so nervous and scared right now.

You'll tackle that 150 no sweat! I've got about 110 to lose (personal goal) or 90 (their goal for me).

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/17 8:36 pm

My mom was recovering from breast cancer surgery she had January 6, I wouldn't have been able to help her with everything she needed help with if I had mine late January. So I picked the date in March, close to spring break so recovery will be easier with kids at home. How are you feeling? Who's your surgeon? I'm very excited for you please keep me in the loop as to how you're feeling. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I will be at Richmond hospital Wednesday for scope and Friday for anesthesiologist appointment 

Mjdvan
on 2/4/17 8:26 pm

Who is your surgeon? Good luck!! I will have 150+ to lose so likely bypass for me

jillydopop
on 2/4/17 8:23 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

How come you were postponed?

jillydopop
on 2/4/17 8:21 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

I'm having the sleeve. The surgeon left the decision up to me. Said if I have about 100 lbs to lose the sleeve or 120+ the bypass. I chose the sleeve because it is only restrictive not malabsorptive. I haven't had mine done yet my surgery is Thursday this week.

Mjdvan
on 2/4/17 5:20 pm
Topic: Bypass vs vsg

Which surgery did you have and why? Was it your choice? Does the doctor recommend which procedure you should have?

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/17 1:59 pm
Topic: Hair loss

im going through the Richmond program, surgery March 7. Please tell me about hair loss experience, did you go through it? At what month did you start losing? When did it start coming back? Thank you!

Most Active