Recent Posts

M1CHELLE
on 7/31/11 4:18 pm - Kelowna, Canada
Topic: RE: where's the hunger??
 Congrats on your surgery.  That is great to hear - can't wait till I get mine done.  How is the recovery going?
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

Lynnww666
on 7/31/11 12:08 pm - Canada
Topic: where's the hunger??
Had my sleeve done Thursday and haven't felt a moment's hunger since.
It is soooo  weird. I've had a few cups of very watery juice, Small amounts of protein drink but only because I no I should. Even when we passed through a food fair on the way home, I smelled some things and thought 'oh, that smells nice' but without the slightest desire to eat anything.
I don't know if this lasts... but it's amazing... great.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

suzanneb
on 7/30/11 6:53 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Topic: RE: Another appointment
Jayna

This is great news about your appointment going well, as far as fluctuating weight, also we weigh more later in the day as well, hoping to hear soon of your surgery date and to see how your weight loss journey goes.

Suzanne

Mishyme
on 7/30/11 10:23 am
Topic: *folllow the link* worth the read
Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
henner33
on 7/30/11 9:51 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Start my pre-op diet tomorrow!
 Yay! Congratulations Michelle, all the best! The next two weeks really will fly by. Greek yogurt and Sugar free Popsicles were staples for me on the liquid diet. I would also mix a cup of skim milk with the Boost/Glucerna and blend it up with ice in the Magic Bullet. It dilutes the sweetness a bit and tastes more like chocolate milk.  Sooo excited for you! Yahoo!
Cheers
jaynak
on 7/30/11 4:48 am - Canada
Topic: Another appointment
Well I had another appointment with Dr. Sampath yesterday and all is well.  He did explain that with the new funding they will be doing a bariatric surgery every Monday from October to April.  He is still expecting that my surgery will be in October and that I should get a call from his office in the next few weeks with an actual date, they are just waiting for the hospital to finalize their OR allocations.

I also had an appointment with Nooshin, that went OK.  The only bad news there was that I gained 4 pounds (I am pretty sure that it is not actual fat gain bu****er retention from the heat, sitting in the car for hours on end and the joys of PMS).  She also gave me my pre-op diet so that I can start trying it out a couple of days a week so we can change things if we need to.

The final good news from both of these appointments is that I do not have to go down for my next appointments until closer to the surgery.  I do however have to call Nooshin the first week of September to give her my weight and an update on how I am doing with trying the liquid diet.  I will also have a phone follow-up with Dr. Sampath on September 15.

Hope that everyone is doing well, Jayna
jaynak
on 7/30/11 3:40 am - Canada
Congrats!!!!  It will be over before you know it!!!!  Can not wait to hear how our journey goes.  Jayna
suzanneb
on 7/29/11 5:58 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

Wishing you all the best with your preop diet, and that your surgery goes well, and you recover quickly, and looking forward to hearing how your weight loss journey progresses

Suzanne

M1CHELLE
on 7/29/11 3:43 pm - Kelowna, Canada
Day 1 down, was fine!  13 to go!  lol
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

Linda R.
on 7/29/11 2:25 am, edited 7/29/11 2:25 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
You're strong Michelle, I'm counting on you to show me the way.. But I really do thing you'll be just fine.
Keep the faith girl.
Linda
Most Active