Recent Posts

henner33
on 8/3/11 9:49 am - Canada
Topic: RE: OOC weight Lost.
Last i heard he wasn't but it doesn't hurt to ask. I second Jayna's suggestion. I had surgery with Dr Nguyen June 24th after wasting nearly three years waiting  with Dr Amson. I highly recommend getting a referral to the West Coast Bariatric Center in Richmond. Dr Nguyen is awesome!
Cheers
FancyRoses
on 8/3/11 5:23 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
Topic: Dr. Jaimie Ponce DeLeon at the INT Hospital in Tijuana Mexico?

I am looking for anyone who has use this dr good or bad, i would like your input on a Dr. Jaimie Ponce DeLeon at the INT Hospital in Zona Rio area of Tijuana Mexico? I am considering him to do my VSG and would like to more info and opinions from others on him and the hospital too. Thanks

My goals to a healthy me            
jaynak
on 8/3/11 2:41 am - Canada
Topic: RE: OOC weight Lost.
I don't know if he signs the papers or not.  Just wondering if you've thought of seeing dr. Sampath or Dr. Nyguen in Richmond instead???  Their wait is significantly shorter than Dr. Amson's.
dare2see
on 8/2/11 9:58 pm - Maple Ridge, Canada
Topic: RE: New Support Group for Port Moody-Maple Ridge Area

Lets start one in Maple Ridge.

My name is kelly
phone # 604-479-4406
dare2see
on 8/2/11 9:50 pm - Maple Ridge, Canada
Topic: I need a buddy or friend
Hi  all my name is Kelly. I live in Maple Ridge BC.
I'm looking for a support buddy or friend.
I'm all alone here, I have not many friends now because of my weight, and no family at all in BC. I'm totally alone.
If anyone has some spare time and could help me out with going to meetings, or to Virgina Mason. As I no longer have a car or any way to get around. I really feel alone.
Thanks and Kind Regards
Kelly

dare2see
on 8/2/11 9:35 pm - Maple Ridge, Canada
Topic: OOC weight Lost.
Hi all, wishing everyone a wonderday.
Can anyone out there tell me if Dr. Amson still signs the ooc approvel papers.
Thanks so much.
I'm not going to live much longer without this surgery. :(
Regards
Kelly  (Dare2See)

dare2see
on 8/2/11 9:20 pm - Maple Ridge, Canada
Topic: RE: *folllow the link* worth the read
My name is Kelly I live in Vancouver.
My heart breaks for you. :(

lilymorg
on 8/1/11 3:36 pm
Topic: RE: Another appointment
 Sounds like your appointments went well!  
I hope you get your appointment date soon!  I hope I get one between now and April aswell! :)

I go see Dr. Nooshin for the first time this week.
and Dr. Sampath next week for my 3rd appointment.

In just 3 days I am up 3lbs...and Im blaming it on PMS....so frustrating.  So I know how it feels!  

Keep us updated with how it all goes :)
prplady
on 8/1/11 9:07 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Langley support group meeting
yikes!

the meeting is next weekend

Aug 6th

same place

Lynnww666
on 8/1/11 1:02 am - Canada
Topic: RE: where's the hunger??
Recovery is going fine... I feel quite good only I seem to want a couple of naps per day. Since I have three surgeries in one (VSG, umbilical hernia repair and gall bladder out) it's not surprising it will take me more than a few days to get back on track.
After the first couple of days I stopped taking even the Tylenol for pain and honestly while there is some discomfort, it really is not bad and I am a pain wuss.
I'm having a little trouble getting my water intake back up and I know I haven't been "eating" enough but now that I'm home I can work on getting a good schedule one that.
I feel very positive despite have "gained" about five pounds in hospital but I realize that is mostly extra water held in the damaged tissues and it's pretty normal to have a little swelling after surgery.
For the next week my main goal is to make sure I get in as much protein and water as possible and go for walks every day to ensure I take care of my injured body. After that I will start working on the weight loss again with my amazing new tool.
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active