Recent Posts

bamf
on 8/10/11 3:53 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Another for the list!!!
GREAT NEWS!  My RNY is Oct. 3rd.  Maybe we could help each other out a bit.
Barb
lilymorg
on 8/10/11 3:52 am
 so excited for you!  And Nov. 14 is the best day!!! :)
lilymorg
on 8/10/11 3:50 am
Topic: RE: I have a date too!!!
 which surgery are you getting?   RNY or VSG?

Im trying not to think too much about it...but when I do, I get excited and get butterflys in my tummy, and then a wave of nausea takes over. LOL   Im pretty sure its normal!
bamf
on 8/10/11 3:48 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: I have a date too!!!
CONGRATS!  You are fairly close to me, October 3rd.  I am finding that now I'm getting more worried/scared than excited, since I first got my date.  Trying to stay positive though.  Hope you can stay excited, and not get worried.
Barb
lilymorg
on 8/10/11 3:47 am
Topic: RE: Thoughts on protein
 where do you get it from?  Is this a good price?

Is the taste okay?  

Momx4kids
on 8/10/11 3:43 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Topic: RE: Thoughts on protein
I only buy Whey protein isloate in powder form and mix it with skim milk.

bamf
on 8/10/11 3:40 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Garret Support Group
There was only one meeting, on Tuesday,June 21st.  They will be having more, but they are in the process of setting it up.  I was told that it should be restarting in the fall, but the format will probably be quite different because they are now interviewing interested individuals in order to set-up separate groups of 10.  My interview is next week, Aug. 17th, so I should know more about it, after that.
Barb
Momx4kids
on 8/10/11 3:37 am - Abbotsford, Canada
I'm telling you , I am almost 3 months out now and am so thankful, this is truly an awesome gift good for you in getting a date!

Momx4kids
on 8/10/11 3:29 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Topic: RE: add me too the list!!

You will be feeling so good by Christmas!! yay for you!

lilymorg
on 8/10/11 3:16 am
Topic: Thoughts on protein
 I priced out some of the protein products at the Costco in Bellingham, I haven't gone anywhere else yet...but I thought it would try and keep track of them, so when I need to buy some I'll have an idea of cost.

Can anyone tell me if the powder is okay to use for the pre-op/post-op liquid diet?  Or if you strictly have to use the pre-made stuff?  It's a question I have noted to ask the dietitian next time I see her.

Here's the info I found out so far...

Bellingham Costco:

Premier Nutrition Shake is in premade bottles (30g protein, sugar 1, calories 160, carbs 5) - 18 (11oz) bottles for $23.49

Glucerna is pre-made bottles (10g protein, sugar 6, calories 200, carbs 26) - 24 (8oz) bottles for $29.99

Whey Protein is in a premade bottle (20g protein, sugars 2, calories 140, carbs 8) - 18 bottles for $24.99

Whey Protein Powder Isolated (27g protein, sugars 1, calories 130, carbs 2) - 80 servings - $36.49
Most Active