Recent Posts

Lynnww666
on 8/13/11 4:28 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Thoughts on protein
I was able to use the powders both pre and post op (VSG) as well as the pre-mixed. For pre-mixed I got Bio-X which is 30 grams protein and only three carbs (with some other nutrients too) and I bought it at Fuel. If you buy a case of 24, they'rea bout $2 per can and it uses some real dutch cocoa so the flavour is not too bad.
I also have a little of the diabetic boost and the glucerna but not a lot as the carbs add up pretty fast in those.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Lynnww666
on 8/13/11 4:23 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Only 68 more days for me
Good luck to you with that.... hope everything goes smoothly and I know my last couple of months before surgery went by so quick! Especially after years of waiting, changing docs, etc.
Just listen to their advice, treat yourself with kindness and get set for some lovely surprises....!
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Margo N.
on 8/12/11 12:19 am
Topic: RE: add me too the list!!
Yippee!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

clovergirl
on 8/11/11 12:10 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Another for the list!!!
It's exciting to have so many dates so close together!!! I think it's great we're going to be able to help and support each other too
jaynak
on 8/11/11 10:47 am - Canada
Congrats Blake!!!!!!!!!  That means it's 66 days for me!!!!!
bamf
on 8/11/11 5:57 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
CONGRATS on your upcoming surgery.  My RNY is scheduled for Oct. 3rd, and I know that time is flying by, but the more I think about it, the more nervous I am getting.
Barb
suzanneb
on 8/11/11 3:51 am - North Vancouver, Canada

Blake

Congratulations on your surgery date, you are right this time flys by, and before you know it your weight loss journey begins.

Wishing you all the best

Suzanne

BlakeH
on 8/11/11 3:40 am - Canada
Topic: Only 68 more days for me
I have my date with Dr. Amson for an RNY in 68 days.  My time flies.  Now it is just a matter of prep, planning and curtailing my unrealistic expectations.  It is amazing to think of having washboard abs when I currently can't see my toes.  But really I am going to be happy just to move about and feel healthy.

jaynak
on 8/11/11 3:12 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Thoughts on protein
mine can be made with either milk or water. so far i've only tried it with the milk and it's ok.  i think some peole mix the powder with milk and ice and make it into a smoothie.
Linda R.
on 8/11/11 2:08 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
Topic: RE: I have a date too!!!
So happy for your surgery date.
I hope all of you will let me know how the preop diet is, and postop. 

I'm working on getting my calorie count down to be used to less when the time for me comes. I'm hoping for January, but Dr. Sampath said anytime from oct. to apr.

Any way, yahoo for you.

linda
Most Active