Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 5:09 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: GARRETT CENTRE "SUPPORT GROUP"
Hi,

I'm guessing it was with the occupational therapist at Garrett Wellness? I recieved a call last week regarding scheduling an appointment with the OT for some sort of pre screening. I did schedule a appointment but its in a few weeks (by choice)  
prplady
on 8/17/11 2:24 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: GARRETT CENTRE "SUPPORT GROUP"
Hi Barb

Thanks for the information... What is the charge if any for these classes

And It sounds like it is optional.. not sumthing that we have to do ..

I have my appointment scheduled for the 7th

Do you know when the weekly classes start and at what time they are being held

There are already quite a few support groups and we can always start out own!

Blaze online has a good directory of alot of the meetings...

anyways Thanks again for sharing this info

Sandra
bamf
on 8/17/11 9:10 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: iso-pure update
I just discovered that Costco now carries protein drinks.  They are clear like iso-pure, but have 60 calories, 6g carbs & 5g fibre (only 1 net carb), and 10g protein, plus calcium etc.  It is a pkg. of 16 - 500ml bottles, in two flavors (orange & lemon).  It is called Kaizen Protein H2O and sells for $24.99, plus bottle deposit.  I think it tastes as good as iso-pure, maybe even better.
Barb
bamf
on 8/17/11 8:56 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: GARRETT CENTRE "SUPPORT GROUP"

Just got back from my Garrett Centre "Support Group" interview, which is also being used to pre-screen to see if you need to see Dr. Sidhu, if you have not already done so..  This will not be an actual WLS Support Group; but instead it will be groups of 10 people (put together after lengthy interviews with lots of paperwork to fill-out) to attend 11 weekly classes (60-90 min./class), involving weekly "homework", to offer information about dealing with feelings & difficulties with food issues, etc, and how to make changes in your life, in these areas.  It will not be groups of people being able to discuss issues, as they go along through their journey to weight loss or pre-op/post-op issues.  There will not be open discussions amongst the group attendees.  But, there will be short question/answer periods regarding the information offered, at the end of the classes.  It is not what I thought the support group would be, so I did not choose to join these classes.
Barb

suzanneb
on 8/15/11 3:18 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Topic: RE: Complications after hernia repair surgery
Well I have finally come to the end of the complications Im hoping.

I have had two drains in first one for a week, second drain was in for 5 weeks, and 2 stomach infections as well. Last Friday I finally got the 2nd drain out, and Im believing and hoping I have come to the end of the complications from my hernia repair surgery.

Four days from now will be 3 months since I had the hernia repair surgery done.

Hoping that everyone is doing well.

Suzanne

gizy
on 8/15/11 10:06 am - Vernon, Canada
Topic: RE: Kelowna WLS thru I Quest
hi..i leave in Vernon...and i heard that now they do lap band surgery in kelowna...could you please give me a link to the web page or office phone number..thank you..gizy
CSAL
on 8/15/11 12:30 am - Canada
Topic: RE: iso-pure update
Hi Lynn,
 I  bought Whey Kool at GNC and it's coudy but OK...But I really like the Premium protien drinks from Costco.... just like real choc milk... yum.... but not for the clear stage.
I was able to get Iso-pur drinks at Shopper's DM and saw some at London Drugs.

VSG: AUG 17, 2011    
Lynnww666
on 8/14/11 2:35 am - Canada
Topic: iso-pure update
For any who were following the earlier post, I had hoped to check out a few places in Richmond that might sell the Iso-Pure low-carb "juice" on my last visit there but with ferry hassles and appointments going longer than expected, I didn't get much time to do so.
I can say for sure Popeye's in Richmond doesn't carry this product as I did get there but since Richmond Centre was closing by the time I got there, I was unable to check GNC. I was told by a staff there by phone that they didn't carry it but another member at OH said they had seen it there. I have also been told that the Zeller's Pharmacy does carry it (Alpine Mist, low carb).
However, my local (Nanaimo) Pharmasave was able to order it for me. I bought a case (four -seix packs) for $55 taxes in. Pricey and not the greatest tasting thing in the world, but drinkable and a great way to ge****er and protein at the same time.
I also found Nectar brand powders in my local Fuel and GNC. I bought the iced tea version. Tastes kind of like a bland ice tea, not unpleasant though it is cloudy and not as clear as I would like. 23 grams of protein per scoop (to mix with about 8 oz of water). I find adding a good shot of lemon or lime juice or a little lemonade crystal lite sparks up the taste a bit and, again, helps combine water and protein intake.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Lynnww666
on 8/13/11 8:29 am - Canada
Topic: RE: isopure low carb drinks
Thanks for that info... is it the Zeller's in Richmond? I might checkl it out when I'm over next month. My pharmasave here special order it for me. Bought a case of four packs each with six bottles for $55 taxes in... not cheap but none of this stuff is.
I'm not sure I'd describe it as tasty, but it'd drinkable for sure.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

bamf
on 8/13/11 6:17 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: isopure low carb drinks
Hi Lynn:
I found the ISOpure Low Carb drinks (Alpine Punch) at Zellers (Pharmacy area).  I thought it was quite tasty, and I will get more, next time I'm there.
Barb
Most Active