Recent Posts

dogqueen_3
on 8/19/11 4:44 pm - Kelowna, Canada
Topic: NG tube
 I am looking for people that have had a RNY and what they were told about having a NG tube put in. I was told never to have it done blindly , only with a scope. Were others told the same thing??
Thanks for answering
Jackie00
on 8/19/11 6:06 am
Topic: Halifax to Mexico anyone interested for week of Sept 12th
There are 3 of us going to see Dr. Ramos Kelly in September, two from the Halifax area and one from PEI. We still have to book flights, but it will be sometime the week of Sept 12. Everyone is welcome, if anyone else from the Maritimes was thinking of going but didn't want to travel alone you're welcome to join us. Or anyone across Canada that wants to meet up down there. Just message me, I can send you details! VSG in Mexico, here we come!
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Lynnww666
on 8/19/11 5:16 am - Canada
Topic: RE: iso-pure update
I had not heard of the Extreme Lean Protein H20 but I will check with our local London Drugs to see if they carry them.
They're a little lower in protein (10 g vs 15 g in half as much liquid) than the IsoPure. On the other hand, they can not taste much worse than the IsoPure. It's drinkable but that's about all I can say for it.
All these products tend to use a little too much sucralose in them which gives them a slightly gaggy sweet taste. Wish they'd use less of that and maybe a pinch of citric acid to give them some bite and they might not be bad. I sometimes mix the Iso-Pure and/or Nectar powdered protein ice tea mix with some Crystal Lite lemonade or such just to cover up the flavour a bit.
I can't believe it's that hard to make protein water that tastes fairly good.... but then I'm no rocket scientist either....

Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

M1CHELLE
on 8/19/11 4:04 am - Kelowna, Canada
Topic: RE: Kelowna WLS thru I Quest
 Hi Gizy, they stopped doing WLS about a year or so ago.
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

M1CHELLE
on 8/19/11 4:01 am - Kelowna, Canada
I'm going to Costco today to get those protein drinks and the Premier shakes. I also found a juice type protein drink at London Drugs the other day - it's called Extreme Lean Protein H20, and they have 10g of protein per 500ml bottle. They are a bit on the sweet side (sweetened with Sucralose), but are ok... Not sure how they compare to IsoPure or Costco ones yet. These come in 2 flavours that I saw, Lemonade and Orange, and are $2.49ea.
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

clovergirl
on 8/19/11 2:05 am - Canada
Topic: RE: protein drink
I haven't tried that before, but I've had the Whey Gourmet, and it was really good... Those might be good for the clear liquid diet, I'm thinking.
prplady
on 8/18/11 6:52 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: GARRETT CENTRE "SUPPORT GROUP"
rush hour in richmond .. how convient!
sexy_me
on 8/18/11 11:27 am
VSG on 02/06/12
Topic: protein drink

has anyone tried this protein drink??

http://www.pvldirect.com/wheygourmet/wheycooler.html  someone just told me about it but ive not heard of it.

bamf
on 8/18/11 2:36 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: GARRETT CENTRE "SUPPORT GROUP"
The OT did not say if there would be a cost involved, and yes it is optional.  They are hoping to start classes by the end of August..  I think the classes are in the middle of the afternoon, around rush-hour.
Barb
Lynnww666
on 8/18/11 1:10 am - Canada
Great... I will have to check and see if Nanaimo Costco also has them... thanks for the info.
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active