Recent Posts

Cathrine J.
on 10/12/11 4:37 am - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
Topic: RE: questions re plastic surgery
Thank you.  I'm sure there are procedures that aren't going to be covered by MSP but it's reassuring to hear that breast reduction is as well as pannus removal.  That's all I'll really be looking for.

I welcome other replies if anyone else has something to share.  :)
lizdietz
on 10/12/11 12:07 am - Vancouver BC, Canada
I am 13 months since surgery and started seeing a plastic surgeon in Vancouver in March.
Its for breast reduction surgery which is paid for by MSP.  There is an additional procedure involved with the surgery that I have agreed to pay an additional $1000 to have.  We also discussed an adominplasty and was told that I would have to pay for this directly and it was approx. $4K Cdn.  MSP pays for pannus removal, so that would be part of the surgery and then I would have the adomiplasty which is the additional.

The surgeon would prefer you are at goal, however, I was not aware or made aware of within 2 years.  That is something I would ask your surgeon.

If you are considering any plastic surgery, your GP can refer you to a plastic surgeon.  I am having another appt once I lose another 15 to 20 lbs and will ask about the 2 year deadline.

When in Bellevue for OH conference in July, went to the plastic surgery session and both of the above surgeries are $7500 USD each. 

Not sure what the out of country rates are, but that is also a consideration.

jaynak
on 10/11/11 2:47 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Twenty Sleeps
Good luck to you!!!!  Don't worry too much about how much weight you've lost, Nooshin seems to be very happy with even just a little bit lost.  It is absolutely amazing how fast the time flies by!!!
jaynak
on 10/11/11 2:43 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: My experience so far....Surgey date Oct 17th
LOL.  I would really like it if you didn't wear out the surgical team so they still have the energy to do my surgery!!!  It'd be even nicer if your insides would co-operate and they were done your surgery earlier  that way I could get mine done earlier as well!!!!!
TheCoach
on 10/11/11 8:57 am - Canada

I go in at 8 am for a 10 am Surgery. I guess we're back to back.

Don't worry Jayna, i'll be sure not to wear out the surgery team so they'll have plenty of energy left when they get to you!

prplady
on 10/11/11 8:20 am - Canada
Good Luck Cynthia!

I am one week behind you and I still get sorta freaked out...

but hearing from everyone here about how much they love the sleeve really calms me.

I will be watching for you updates along the way....

take care and

GOOD LUCK!  

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

prplady
on 10/11/11 8:10 am - Canada
I have to be at the hospital for 1pm... I think I will be there for like 3 1/2 hours I am booked for two appointments back to back...
darn you might not be ready for a visitor that soon! I will be sending good vibes for you! for sure you can text me the info... umm I need your last name to be able to get your room info at hospital.. you can send in text or private message.. Thanks for well wishes and right back at ya!

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Momx4kids
on 10/11/11 6:54 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Don't worry, you will be loosing weight during the liquid diet. 20-25 lbs so far is great, good for you. Go to your meeting Nooshin and be very proud of how well yo have done so far! They would not be setting up all these other final prep appointments if they didn't feel you were doing well and ready for the surgery! Good Luck!!
Rhonda

Momx4kids
on 10/11/11 6:40 am, edited 10/10/11 6:42 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
My friend (who had RnY) is getting plastic surgery soon and she is not getting anything covered by BC Med.
Rhonda

Cathrine J.
on 10/11/11 6:08 am - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
Topic: questions re plastic surgery
Hi everyone,

I know there is a Plastics forum but my question in BC related.  A friend, who was considering having RNY, told me that she believes that the BC medical plan covers two post-WLS plastic surgeries providing you've reached your goal weight and they're done within two years of your surgery date.

I can't seem to find anything that supports this and though I'll ask my surgeon the next time I see him - I'm still pre-op - he's not the most communicative fellow so not sure what sort of response he'll give.

I'd love to hear about your experiences with this.

Thanks very much,

Cathrine

HW: 261  CW: 232
Most Active