Recent Posts

dietersteven
on 4/11/17 7:08 am
Topic: RE: Leaving Province Quick UPDATE

Physi-med was the clinic and my surgeon was Dr. Chow.

ive lost 80% of my excess weight since Sept 25th 2016.

Started at 347lbs

today at 205lbs

[email protected] send email here to get started.

Mjdvan
on 4/11/17 12:33 am
Topic: RE: Leaving Province Quick UPDATE

Which surgeon did you use? I'm coming in to some cash and have only been referred 10mon the ago.

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/17 12:13 pm
Topic: Tuesday is the day

Surgery for me on Tuesday, I am nervous and excited. I keep repeating to myself, sip, sip, sip, walk,walk,walk...

Anyone else coming up close to surgery or has recently gone through with it?

Ruby_Trout
on 4/4/17 9:57 am - Canada
Topic: RE: So, what is the scoop?

Thanks for your response. My GP referred me to Richmond for a scope and swallow test.

Ruby Trout 

Heather L.
on 4/4/17 9:27 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15
Topic: RE: So, what is the scoop?

Depending on where you live, you'll need your GP to submit a referral to either the surgeons in Richmond or Victoria. They are they only ones performing bariatric procedures in the province right now.

Richmond: Nam Nguyen, Sharadh Sampath & Ekua Yorke

Victoria: Brad Amson & Samaad Malik

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/17 11:57 am
Topic: RE: post op

How are you doing? My surgery was moved to April 11, so I'm still waiting. Hope you are doing well

Ruby_Trout
on 3/29/17 9:42 pm - Canada
Topic: So, what is the scoop?

Things have changed dramatically since I had RNY in 2010. Currently, what is the process that people follow to be considered for WLS that is covered by BC medical? When I saw my surgeon last, he mumbled something about a change in process and basically told me not to bother him again. That was in September 2015. I have some issues I need addressed including needing a scope and/or swallow to see if my surgery is intact.

TIA

saravmf
on 3/26/17 11:15 pm - Canada
Topic: Regain after 3 years VSG. Vancouver Island support group wanted

I'm from Sooke and I'm looking to get back into the swing of things after about a 30lbs weight gain. I was sleeved Feb 2014 and was doing so well for such a long time, but all the old habits started slowly creeping in. I'm on day 3 of a carb and sugar cleanse and am trying to eat protein first, but I'm finding myself hungry all the time and I'm worried I'm still taking in too many calories. I'd love to connect with some local people to get a bit of support. I can answer any questions that new VSG'ers are looking for. Hope to chat soon.

HW:334PreopW:304SW:276CW:195 Mth1:24 Mth2:15 Mth3:12 Mth4:10 Mth5:10 Mth6:5 Mth7:10 Mth8:4 Mth9:6 Mth10:7 Mth 11:4

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/17 10:14 pm
jillydopop
on 3/18/17 6:19 pm
VSG on 02/09/17
Topic: RE: post op

No secrets really. Just following instructions. I am a member of several Facebook groups for locals and bariatricpal as well, for the Facebook groups:

Gastric Sleeve Support Group

January, February, March Losers Bench

Gastric Sleeve and Bariatric Surgery Support Group

Gastric Sleeve, Bypass And Bariatric Surgery Support Group

I was a member of several more but found too many groups overwhelming my feeds.

The key here is to not join up then read all about the complications people are having. It is really a tiny percentage of people that experience complications. And I found that when I joined pre-surgery that I was getting myself worked up and began to have irrational fears. Really, they aren't doctors.

And! my doctor (sampath) discourages the groups, every surgeon, every program is different, you just need to listen to your doctor.

Most Active