Recent Posts

Cathrine J.
on 11/4/11 6:27 am - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
Topic: RE: Back from Richmond Hospital and sleeved...
Thanks for posting an update, Coach.  By now I hope you're feeling steadier and stronger.  :) 
How long were you on the pre-op liquid diet?  I've been offered the lap RNY and believe he told me he wanted a 4 week liquid diet.  (I was so stunned he offered the surgery I can't recall whether that was pre- or post-op.)

Take care,

Cathrine

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

Linda R.
on 11/4/11 6:23 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
Topic: Coffee anyone?
I will be in Richmond from the 8 of Nov. till the 12 of Nov. Anyone want to meet up for coffee or tea.

Linda 
Cathrine J.
on 11/4/11 6:16 am - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
Topic: RE: Well, Here I Am - Back Again
Thanks for going into detail.  It helps those of us who haven't been through it to know what goes on.  Looks like each hospital handles things a bit differently.  Too bad about not having your own room but that's our beloved health care system, eh.  I'm looking forward to reading your post-op posts. 

Take care,

Cathrine

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

Momx4kids
on 11/4/11 4:20 am, edited 11/4/11 6:25 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Well I am happy to hear you are out and doing better, sucks about the pain meds!! Your situation is the perfect example why ppl need to bring earplugs and their own food (sugar free jello) Hospitals rarely seem to get it right!! Hope you can manage the pain ok at home and get the rest you need, congrats on getting on the losers bench can wait to hear updates!!
Rhonda

prplady
on 11/3/11 3:52 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone want to meet up??
I will only be 10 days out so will have to see just how I am feeling at that point..

If I am good then sure lets get together... I am not in Richmond... where wil you be traveling too

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

lilymorg
on 11/3/11 2:26 pm
glad to hear you are home.  Where abouts do you live?

which surgery did you have?  RNY or VSG?

Sounds like quite an ordeal there...I go in 11 days!  yikes!
sexy_me
on 11/3/11 2:19 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
 Oh darn. Well that would be grand if we could meet one of these times. I hope you appointment with Nooshin goes well.
jaynak
on 11/3/11 11:51 am - Canada
I would but I will already be on my home!!!!  I have an appointment with Nooshin on November 15.  Maybe one of these times if we are both in the area at the same time we can get together for coffee.

jaynak
on 11/3/11 11:48 am - Canada
Welcome to the other side!!!!  Glad to hear that although it was rough you made it and are home where you belong!!!!  Every day is a little better and you will back in the swing of things before you know it!!!!

Sorry I did not come to visit you, I had no way to contact you to find out where you were at!!!  

jaynak
on 11/3/11 11:40 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Pain in the side
Well, I finally got to see Dr. S yesterday and after seeing my in person (as opposed to communicating by email or phone) he said that he can now get some sleep (he told me that he lost sleep all weekend worrying about me).  His feeling is that it is probably a muscle strain.  It may still be related to the kidney stone and he is going to send my GP a note asking him to send me to a urologist if the pain continues.  Overall he was happy with the progress I have made, not just since surgery but since I started seeing him in April.  I go back to see him in 3 months  or sooner if anything else comes up.

Most Active