Recent Posts

clovergirl
on 11/18/11 12:17 pm - Canada
Topic: Finally home after surgery!!
I finally got home today after my surgery on Monday, I had mine right before lilymorg did, and have been really lucky to get to know her during this time.

I had my gallbladder removed at the same time, so I was in surgery for a little longer than the 3 hours, which had my husband and the rest of my family a bit worried something was wrong. Surgery went by fine, they had to insert an a-line (I think that's what it is called) because the blood pressure cuff wasn't staying, and they wanted to make sure to have my blood pressure correct. I didn't have to go to ICU, but ended up really sick on the Tuesday in the hospital. I couldn't move without throwing up, and nothing they were giving me in the IV helped. So I ended up staying in the hospital until Thursday, so the nurses could make sure I could keep something down. My stomach is a bit tender where the drain was, and sleep was more or less impossible, as I was getting up every few hours to go pee.

What I realised though, is a good shower, and finally farting are 2 things I will never again take for granted. I had to do 3 victory laps around the floor once I was able to pass gas, and finally get rid of some of the pressure. VERY thankful the gas didn't go into my shoulders, and was mostly in my gutts. I stayed an extra night in Richmond at a hotel with my Mom, and my husband came to get me today, and brought me home. 

My stomach is still a bit tender where the drain was, only because of all the nausea, and my wrists are completely bruised and swollen, but other than that I feel great. We managed a 2km walk around our complex today, and have set that as my standard. I feel very thankful to have had this chance, and look forward to the next part of my life.
gina38
on 11/18/11 4:42 am, edited 11/18/11 4:42 am
Topic: RE: medjourneys.com

I am so sorry for that terrible experience ;;; there is no worse than being alone in a country where you don't speak the language, alone .. and alone after a plastic surgery is the worst thing you can experience.

There are so many clinics that provide all inclusive plastic surgery packages,, I don’t understand why did you choose a company that works with hundreds clinics,, most of time companies like medjourney don’t even know the doctors or clinics they work with.
When you want to have a surgery abroad the best thing to do is to contact a clinic or medical operator that is established in the country where you are going to have your surgery. And my best advice is to never pay before you arrive in the country, before you see the hospital or clinic where your surgery will be performed and before your first consultation with your surgeon.

I also had some surgeries done in latin America,, but I went through one of the most famous center that provide all inclusive plastic surgery packages.

I went at MakeoverTravel clinic. I paid $6,900 for a package that includes
- Tummy Tuck
- Liposuction of abdomen, flanks, arms, legs, back
- Breast lift with implants

- 15 days in a 4stars hotel

- All transportation from airport to hotel / from hotel to hospital and each time I needed to see my surgeon for post operative consultations

- Bilingual assistant available 24h/24

- All blood test before surgery

And MakeoverTravel didn’t ask me to pay any dollar before i arrive and before my first consultation with the surgeon.
So by this way you avoid any hidden cost. My trip was one of the best experience ever. I am making my album to post my before and after pictures,, My avatar picture is the result of my Tummy tuck. I am thrilled with my results and I highly recommend MakeoverTravel clinic to anyone who is looking for a plastic surgery at affordable cost in latin America.
I paid $6,900 for my trip including hotel staying and surgery and all the services but such surgery in the US would cost me about $25,000 just paying for the surgery.

readyornot
on 11/17/11 10:59 am
Topic: RE: im sleeved! :)

So nice to hear from you!!!! Glad to hear your journey so far has been not tooooo bad.  Keep us all posted. 

lilymorg
on 11/17/11 10:57 am
I only had 1 blood thinner shot, and it was in my arm. Didn't hurt any more then the morphine or gravol shots they were giving me.

I got a sponge bath too by a super nice nurse named Shelly. She helped me get into my own pajamas too...felt so much better.

I only remember the time because I was worried about my mom having to wait to see me and make sure I was okay. But there was a mixup and they were waiting by the ICU where they were told I would be transferred, not in the recovery area waiting room. So when they were allowed in, they could not be found. So I was worried that she was worrying about me. They could have seen me 2 hours earlier then they did.
prplady
on 11/17/11 6:17 am - Canada
Topic: RE: syntrax samples $13
yes it is 13 usd  they did not charge me any duty

so far i have tried  the chocolate truffle mmm
                                      strawberry mouse mmm
                                      fuzzy peach  mmm
                                      capaccino mmm
                                      vanilla bean torte just ok
                                      twisted cherry mmmm

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

prplady
on 11/17/11 6:12 am - Canada
Sleeve Sister! Yippee welcome to the loser's bench!!
I do not know how you knew the time!!
I have no memory of time and only partial memories of the trip outta the recovery and no recollection of arriving up in ICU...I do remember getting the painful blood thinner shot too many times and the great nurse that gave me a sponge bath..glad she did it instead of my Male nurse.
Glad you are home and on the mend!

I think we all agree liquid tylenol is CRAP!

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Momx4kids
on 11/17/11 5:51 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Wow what an ordeal, glad to hear you are doing well, can't wait to hear/see you at the next meeting! I found that too, everyday seemed to be better than the last day, so I'm hoping for a fast recovery for you. I always ate/drank every four hours and that was a protein drink(because I couldn't drink too much, that was the highest protein in a small amount I could do) in the begining, and water constantly in between. Protein will help you heal faster, and make sure you don't get dehydrated. Best of luck!!!
Rhonda

jaynak
on 11/17/11 5:29 am - Canada
Glad to hear that you're home and doing well!!!!  Welcome to the looser's bench!!!!  I had the morphine as well but I had a wonderful nurse that put an IV type thing in my arm so I didn't have to get poked everytime I needed it.  That liquid tylenol is disgusting!!!  No wonder mt kids fight every time they have to have it!!!!

lilymorg
on 11/17/11 5:14 am
They gave me lots of morphine. I was in the icu on the 2nd floor.
chale
on 11/17/11 5:09 am - Canada
Hey!  Welcome to the "other side"!  For some reason they never gave me any pain meds other than that horrifying liquid tylenol, which made me throw up, so I refused it after the first day.  What ward were you on?

Keep up the good work and let us know how you are doing!!

Cynthia
Most Active