Recent Posts

jaynak
on 11/20/11 1:25 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Another Hospital Stay
Oh wow!!!!  You certainly have had a rough time since surgery.  I hope that you're finally on the mend and will be feeling like a new woman in no time.  Keep us posted on how you're doing.

bamf
on 11/20/11 12:46 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Dec 6 Surgery

Congrats on your surgery date.  The time will go by very quickly, and then the weight starts to drop off, without hunger issues.  I had my RNY on October 3rd, and am down 89 pounds, already.  GOOD LUCK & keep in Touch.
Barb Friesen

Chattycat50
on 11/20/11 11:41 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
Topic: Dec 6 Surgery
Hi all I'm having Surgery Dec6 with Dr Milic and am half way though the preop diet.every day is up and down , but its not about being hungry its about the head game of food, I havn't been hungry really at all just get a bit *****y when I need fuel. I have a very hard time going out, no coffee no food no fun I guess :-q
CathyB
http://cathy-todayinanutshell.blogspot.com/

Momx4kids
on 11/20/11 11:16 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Topic: RE: Another Hospital Stay
Man a rough time for you!! Well so glad they found the root of your trouble!! Boy you are lucky that figured it out before your kidneys completely shut down, how scary!! Please keep us updated.
Rhonda

Momx4kids
on 11/20/11 11:07 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Topic: RE: Not Doing So Well
Well at least they know what it is, and can treat yo with anibiotics...hope you are better quickly!!

Rhonda

bamf
on 11/20/11 11:00 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: Another Hospital Stay
Well I guess 15 days in Richmond Hospital after my RNY on October 3rd was not enough for me.  I just got home from Richmond after ending up in ER, for another 4 day stay.  I spent several days with nausea, & then the wretched  vomit started, along with severe pain.  It was suspected that I had another internal hernia obstructing my bowel.  After many tests and more than a day in the ER, it was discovered that I did not need another surgical repair, THANK GOD!  After many tests, xrays, & a CT scan, it finally showed a pus filled sac in my belly, below the original internal hernia repair/bowel obstruction, but that was not the cause of the pain.  It turned out that the pain was from an infection in the small bowel, on my left side, slightly below my belly button.  By the time I got to the ER, my kidneys were shutting down because I had become very dehydrated, and my magnesium levels were extremely low.  But after four days of isolation, plus IV fluids, magnesium,  2 killer antibiotics (to target both infections), and bed rest, I am finally back home with a week's supply of all the antibiotics, to get rid of the infections.  So back to the beginning with clear fluids and now full fluids for another couple of weeks.  Oh well, it could have been worse, so I do feel lucky.
Barb Friesen
jaynak
on 11/20/11 7:53 am - Canada
So sorry that you're having such a rough time.  Hopefully things start to improve really soon for you and you can be well on your way to recovery.  Definately give your surgeon a call and let him know what is going on.

prplady
on 11/20/11 6:03 am - Canada
I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time

Hopefully you get good news tomorrow...

Have you contacted Dr. Sampath?

are you able to get enough protien and water in?

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

chale
on 11/20/11 5:09 am - Canada
Topic: Not Doing So Well
It's been a really horrible two weeks.

First I had blood work and urinalysis and my Gp called and said that I had a significant bacterial bladder infection and she put me on cipro.  Unfortunately, I had an allergic reaction to it and so she took me off of it after 4 days. 

Things were going okay until Friday when I started feeling ill.  Then yesterday I was having major issues with breathing and dizziness, so I tried to go to a walk in clinic, but they were all closed. 

This morning I went and the GP says I have a "major" lung infection.  So I am back on antibiotics again.

Tomorrow I go for more blood work and urinalysis to see what is happening.  The next step if the bladder infection isn't gone is to go for an IV at the hospital and have IV antibiotics every day at the hospital.

I'm so fed up.  I can't walk because I'm so dizzy and breathless and I feel so discouraged. 

The only good thing is that I'm still losing weight, which I am happy about.  

And in between all of this, I've been fighting with payroll about 4 missing days of pay and the insurance company because they say the surgery is 'elective'.

Seriously, I'm just done. 

Off to have a nap!

Cynthia
Momx4kids
on 11/20/11 2:24 am, edited 11/20/11 2:25 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Topic: RE: Question on hospital tests?
The the hospital requires that all those tests be done within two weeks of surgery, so they do it on the same day.
Rhonda

Most Active