Recent Posts

dietersteven
on 7/20/17 11:10 pm
Topic: RE: Wait list info, anyone know?

I was referred May 2015 and contacted may 2017 almost to the day .

It's two years to get an answer then they said up to two years pre surgery qualification process. Then you're officially on the wait list.

They indicated 1-2 years after that for surgery.

Some posters here have had to wait about 4 years from referral to surgery.

Best of luck hang in there!!!

Mjdvan
on 7/17/17 11:00 am
Topic: Wait list info, anyone know?

I swear I contact richmond every 6 weeks but I am wondering if anyone has contacted them recently and found out which referrals they are currently contacting? The last I asked in May I believe they were still contacting "early 2015"

dietersteven
on 6/27/17 5:06 pm
Topic: RE: Leaving Province Quick UPDATE

Glad to hear you are going for it despite the dog and pony show that is our health care system!!

Ive lost 145lbs and my dietician has set the bar at another 13lbs to lose and no more, although she has said that if I stay where I'm at that's fine too.

I'm currently loosing about 1 lb per week. It's a lot slower weight loss now but still coming.... I have to admit I'm getting about 1900cal per day which is difficult to achieve with a shot glass sized stomach. I'll admit I'm concerned that the weight loss won't stop when I want/need it to.

We will just have to see what the next few months brings and go from there :)

beSt of luc****ep us posted!

Mjdvan
on 6/27/17 4:59 pm

No progress as far as BC goes. I am going to Mexico on either august or september. How has your weight loss been? The state of affairs in British Columbia for this surgery is definitely poor.

dietersteven
on 6/27/17 4:56 pm

Have you made any progress? Although I've already had the surgery: just recived a call from Victoria bariatric center telling me I'm now officially "in the program" exactly two years after my GP referral. They said I can now begin a two to three year process of determining if I can have the surgery!

I asked when I could expect surgery date and still they were evasive, offering only "maybes". Finally I told them I've gone elsewhere.

That should open open up a spot for the next person on the list!

Heather L.
on 6/21/17 8:28 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15
Topic: RE: Info please

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/17 6:19 pm
Topic: Info please

Hi. I'm new to this forum. My family doctor is suggesting I go to Dr Lyon's Medical Weight Management in Coquitlam. I've never heard of his program. Is it worth going? Do you have to buy prepackaged food and/or supplements? Any info regarding this program would be appreciated.

Mjdvan
on 6/10/17 4:24 pm
Topic: RE: Hello!

I'm around. Dr. Nygeun is working on contacting patients from early 2015. I am likely going to endobatiatric in mexico this summer. How much weight have you lost? Glad it's going well for you.

jillydopop
on 6/7/17 11:51 pm
VSG on 02/09/17
Topic: Hello!

Well, its been 4 months! Making great progress. This forum never seems to get much traffic. Is anyone around??

Most Active