Recent Posts

jaynak
on 12/12/11 1:14 am - Canada
Topic: RE: 6 days post-op
Congrats on your surgery!!!  I had my surgery October 17 in Richmond and am down about 55lbs.  Keep up the good work with the fluids and walking, it will all get better in a short time.

bamf
on 12/11/11 12:47 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: 6 days post-op
Congrats on your RNY surgery, and welcome tn the loser's bench.  I had my RNY surgery on October 3rd, and now I am down 96 pounds.  You will catch up to me in no time.
Barb Friesen
dawny5267
on 12/11/11 12:28 pm - Canada
Topic: 6 days post-op

Had my surgery in Victoria on Tues.  Dr. said he was very pleased with the it.  Had a lot of pain killers the first two days.  Mostly because I asked for it as soon as I felt them wearing off.  Slept alot, in fact couldn't stay awake.  Went home on day 3, took some liquid tylenol that was prescibed and slept the rest of that day away and haven't used any pain meds again.  Gas pain was manageable, walked alot in my hotel room and in the hallways.  Finally went out today for a drive to the waterfront and had a couple small walks.  Fresh air was great.  Working on getting in my liquids, today managed 40 oz so far, my best yet.  Eating is OK, able to get in around 1 1/2 to 2 oz at a time.  Sugar free jello, broth, cream soup, greek yogurt. Tried cream of wheat with skim milk. Lots of tea, water, chrystal lite, apple juice diluted with water and some pudding mixed with milk.  My blood sugars are great, no more meds at this time, no blood pressure meds as my blood pressure has been on the low side since surgery.  Thanks to everyone on these boards, I am not much of a poster but read everything written.  There is a wealth of information here and I am thankful for it.

prplady
on 12/9/11 6:13 am - Canada
Topic: food for thought Xcross post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo&sns=fb

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

jaynak
on 12/8/11 7:25 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Down to Richmond I go.
Good luck with all your pre-op stuff!!!  Surgery will be here before you know it and you'll be on the loosers bench!!!

bamf
on 12/8/11 6:45 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Down to Richmond I go.
Hi Linda:
You must be so excited about coming so close to your surgery date.  Hope all goes well with your pre-admit tests.  If you can find time for coffee, or ?, let me know and I will try to meet up with you.  I will be in PG from Christmas Eve until until New Years, possibly longer.  Hoping we can meet somewhere at that time, too.
Barb Friesen
Chattycat50
on 12/8/11 4:29 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Follow my Blog if you like
Dawn and I are fine, i will get on here when I can
CathyB
http://cathy-todayinanutshell.blogspot.com/

Linda R.
on 12/8/11 4:28 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
Topic: Down to Richmond I go.
Yah.. I'm booked for my preop tests on Dec. 16.   Oh it is getting closer and closer till surgery Date.

I think I'm excited.

Lindaf
Momx4kids
on 12/6/11 5:27 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Topic: RE: Follow my Blog if you like
Hope all went well for you both!
Rhonda

sexy_me
on 12/5/11 3:47 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Topic: RE: Preop appointments
 Just guessing the begining of January is when I'll be called to set up all these appointments since my date is Feb. Thats good to know. Thanks  
Most Active