Recent Posts

raingal
on 1/18/12 5:33 am - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Hi, Question about Lap-Band surgery
Hi Heather,
I had the lap-band done here a few years ago, and I paid $14,000.  At the time I was only able to find one surgeon who did it in my area (I didn't want to have to keep going over to Vancouver Island).  So I went with him.  I didn't apply through MSP because 1) I didn't want to wait, and 2) I didn't think I'd be approved anyway, given my relatively low BMI. 

By the way, I didn't lose any weight with the band and I did end up with a hiatial hernia (very common - also common is erosion of the stomach - not fun!).  I found it very uncomfortable and I had it out in June of this year, in Mexico, and had a VSG.  I have since lost 51 lbs. and am still losing (29 lbs to go to goal).  That's just my two cents about the band!
-raingal
Banded 6/17/2008
Band-to-sleeve revision 6/17/2011 - Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon

Lynnww666
on 1/17/12 1:16 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: panniculectomy
 Thanks for the info. I've been referred to Dr. Reid, one of the plastics guys who works with Nguyen, Sampath. Right now it's very prelim of course as I'm only six months out and still have a good 80 more pounds to lose but I guess since the wait for surgery is so long, nothing wrong with getting started.
I get some rashes etc. under the belly, always have, and I fear this summer will be even worse. I wish i could afford the proper lift surgery but I know that all I will be able to manage is the panni cut assuming it is covered. Well, maybe one day... guess I should start buying lottery tickets. I feel more like a winner now that I'm down 100+ pounds over the past 13 months!
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

sexy_me
on 1/17/12 12:26 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Topic: RE: Ok I got my call for pre-ops !!
 I know.. I'm relieved  

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

sexy_me
on 1/17/12 12:23 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Momx4kids
on 1/16/12 5:08 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
Momx4kids
on 1/16/12 5:00 pm, edited 1/16/12 5:06 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
A friend of mine had surgery recently she is over 3 yrs post
op rny. She saw Dr. Guichon in Surrey. She had a lower body lift-tummy tuck. It tightens the ab muscles, lifts the bum
and lower thighs and smooths your back. The incision goes
from one side of waist to the other. It cost her $8000 + tax. and private hospital fees of $2660 at Eagle Ridge Hospital.
total is aprox. $11 600. She said there are alot of doctors
but there are few surgeons that specialize in surgery for
patients with major weight loss. I know it is more work than
a panni removal, but I hope that info helps a bit.
Rhonda

Chattycat50
on 1/15/12 4:02 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Ten day post Op, proein samples and what do I do ?
Thanks every one and just an up date , the Necter protein powder is really good , no after taste at all, I tried a few of the liquid ones and they were ok too, they were sugar based and I'm going to stay away from sugar. I make up 3oz of diet blueberry juice , protein powder , fiber and liquid vitamins and water to make 28oz and I call it radio active joy juice and take it to the gym with me
CathyB
http://cathy-todayinanutshell.blogspot.com/

jaynak
on 1/15/12 2:12 am - Canada
I believe that it is covered, but it may have to meet certain requirements to qualify (like rashes, skin infections).  There is a woman in our support group here that had hers removed just before Christmas and it was covered.  I am hoping to have mine done once I get to goal and keep it off for awhile.

Congrats on loosing 100lbs, that is fabulous!!!!!

Lynnww666
on 1/13/12 11:52 am - Canada
Topic: RE: OMG 100 pounds
 Wow! Good for you! You're doing brilliantly. You must be so proud of yourself.
Lynn

Lynnww666
on 1/13/12 11:49 am - Canada
Topic: RE: New Surgery Date
 Good luck and it will be here before you know it....
In a month you'll start your liquid diet and then watch how the days slow down...lol... been there done that!
Lynn

Most Active