Recent Posts

Laney B.
on 2/16/12 1:42 pm
Topic: RE: tummy tuck
 thanks so much!! will check him out!! glad your wrists are better!!
shanti4758
on 2/16/12 11:48 am
Topic: Dr Tang patients?
Anyone seeing dr tang? How long did u wait for surgery or where are u at in the process? My first appt was sept 09 and hope to get surgery by the end of 2012.

Nikkal
on 2/16/12 11:03 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Dr. Lorne Browne works in Richmond, I think in the same building as the Richmond WLS surgeons.  I absolutely adore him, but I haven't had any sort of reconstructive or rejuvenating surgery done by him, just carpal tunnel surgery (R hand done this time last year, L hand being done in a few weeks).  He did his surgical internship at the Mayo Clinic.

He does list abdominoplasty on his website and has some before/after photos, but none of them appear to be the result of huge weight loss.

Not affiliated or anything, just a happy CTS surgery customer...

www.drlornebrown.com
jaynak
on 2/16/12 9:12 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Trying to decide
Definately get on the list now!!!!  You say you live in Richmond so why not also ask your dr. for the referral to Nooshin (the dietician that works with the 2 surgeons) and get started with seeing her.  You could also contact the PAL line and they can help you with suggestions for exercise.  Any of these things that you can do before you see the surgeon will go a long way to showing them your commitment to lifestyle changes that will be especially important after surgery.

Nikkal
on 2/16/12 8:05 am
VSG on 07/18/13
 Thanks all - I've got an appt with my GP next week to ask for the referral.

If it takes so long to see the surgeons, then I've got lots of time to change my mind, right? But if I don't get in there with the referral now, it'll just take even longer if I do decide to go for it!

and in the meantime no reason to not do the Garrett centre and try to work even harder on new behaviours and techniques that might help both pre and post op!

In the meantime, I'm glad I found the BC board - its nice to have locals or almost-locals to talk to!

Kiskis
on 2/16/12 7:09 am - Richmond, Canada
Topic: RE: Poop
I am lucky as I am daily :) and I am on a high protein diet. Softeners are best as you want to go every 2-3 days which is normal too. Good luck! Great work on the weight loss!

Laney B.
on 2/16/12 6:52 am
 thanks doll, and thanks for checking in on me, you gonna get a tummy tuck later? keep in touch if you find a good dr, aye? :)
Kever4Life
on 2/16/12 5:13 am - Canada
RNY on 03/26/12

Hi,

I researched this for about 3 years before I decided to go ahead with WLS. My doctor never mentioned it to me but I mentioned it to her and she thought it was a great idea so she gave me the referral. I waited about 4 months for the appointment (I hear it is about a year now) and met with Dr. Nguyen. That was May 10/2011, my surgery is booked for March 26/2012. I believe that this will be the best decision I have ever made for myself and after chatting with a few ladies on this blog I know I am doing the right thing.

I figure if I am a little tired after surgery so what, I am tired all of the time now anyways! A little pain after will only remind me of what I let happen to myself so I just have to bear with it.

My hubby was the only person not on board with my decision everyone else in my life including co-workers are my support system and I feel very lucky for that. Every day my hubby is slowly coming around, he really has no choice.

If you are like me, you have always put others first....now it is your turn make you the number one priority.

I never had to do the program at Garratt Wellness, it was never brought up at all but if it will help then why not.

Please remember, this is a long journey to get to the point that I am at now. You will have many appointments with at least 3 different doctors and a nutritionist.

I hope that you take the step forward in your decision, after all you only get one kick at the can and why not make it as long as you can?

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Karen

sexy_me
on 2/16/12 5:04 am
VSG on 02/06/12
 Sorry you are still in so much pain I hope it gets better quickly

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

Laney B.
on 2/16/12 4:19 am
 oh gosh, i woke up in TERROR and in PAIN, i tried to figure out the pain in my stomach, and couldn't remember anything but WANTING surgery sometime down the road lol... 

i am not off pain meds yet, ugh, glad to hear you are tho...

i'm losing weight, that's a good thing, but in tooooo much pain
Most Active