Recent Posts

Nikkal
on 2/23/12 4:28 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: HE SAID YES!!!!!
 Had a consult with my GP this morning to ask about a referral to Dr Nguyen or Sampath, and he immediately said yes!

I was a little worried he'd say no and told him so, he pretended to be hurt, it was all good.  He's referred one patient there, and multiple general surgery patients to Dr Nguyen. He was impressed with the info the clinic had sent to his office a while ago and really likes the multi factorial approach.

Fortunately he knows me well and wasn't patronizing or overly cautionary about the risks and how it's a tool, not a cure, etc etc - he knows I research the hell out of any suggestion I've ever made...

So now I just wait for the clinic to call - I think he was making the referral to whichever surgeon had the best wait list.  He also said that some extra money was being pushed out towards Bariatric surgery by the ministry, so yay!

SO EXCITED!!!!
shanti4758
on 2/22/12 12:57 pm
Topic: RE: Linda R. Surgery yesterday
Good to hear she is well enough for discharge, thanks for the update.

bamf
on 2/22/12 9:38 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Linda R. Surgery yesterday

Linda is doing as well as can be expected.  She was discharged from hospital this afternoon.

shanti4758
on 2/21/12 6:43 am
Topic: Linda R. Surgery yesterday
Has anyone heard from her? I am sure she got through it with flying colors..

bamf
on 2/21/12 5:36 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: X-Post: 2 years since my VSG - Pics - Long
WAY TO GO, MARGO.  YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!!

Kiskis
on 2/20/12 11:16 am - Richmond, Canada
Nikkal
on 2/20/12 9:42 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: RE: Dr. Sampath or Nguyen?
Thanks everyone - I guess I'll leave it to my doctor or to the clinic to see who has the shorter waitlist!

I'm SOOOOOO nervous about my GP appointment!
Kever4Life
on 2/20/12 5:36 am - Canada
RNY on 03/26/12
I have Dr.N and he is awesome! He has a great bedside manner and is very thourough with you. I have never had a problem with him rescheduling or changing appointments (except in a good way when they moved my surgery up!!). I think either doctor would be a good choice, I would try to get in to the one with the shortest wait personally. 

Good luck! 
Kiskis
on 2/20/12 4:59 am - Richmond, Canada
Topic: RE: X-Post: 2 years since my VSG - Pics - Long
Margo,

You pictures & post are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
K

sexy_me
on 2/19/12 7:12 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
 Dr Nguyen was really great with my surgery and pre op

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

Most Active