Recent Posts

Lannae
on 2/25/12 12:22 pm - Canada
Topic: Fill Doctors in the Okanagan?

Are there any doctors that do any fills in the Okanagan? I am getting banded in Mexico but need more fill places..this part is the hard part!!!

shanti4758
on 2/25/12 8:05 am
Topic: Protein shakes
Do any of you use protein shakes? If so what brands do you recommend and where do u buy them?

Lynnww666
on 2/24/12 1:50 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Dr Tang patients?
 I was with Tang originally. Waited over two years and was then told it would be another 2 to 3 years. Went to Nguyen and was sleeved within 7 months from my initial visit (helped no doubt because I had already done some tests with Tang).
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Lynnww666
on 2/24/12 1:48 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Dr. Sampath or Nguyen?
 I've heard goods things about both of them. I had Dr. N and he also took out my gall bladder and fixed an umbilical hernia at the same time he did my sleeve.
I was totally pleased with his attitude, how helpful was and how good the staff were (they share staff so that's the same for both.)
I don't think you can go wrong with either of these fellas.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Linda R.
on 2/24/12 9:55 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
Topic: RE: Waiting for surgery with Dr.A
Yes, Dr Sampath and Nguyen are the best.  There is a whole program to follow as they work with a team of people but they get you going on the right path.  Though I do hear that the inital consult wait is about a year.  I think they would be worth it.
I've just had my surgery and I am looking forward to getting on that losers bench and being all that I should be.  HEALTHY

Linda
jaynak
on 2/24/12 4:36 am - Canada
Topic: RE: HE SAID YES!!!!!
Yay!!!!  Good news, I was shocked when I got the same reaction from my doc when I first asked him about it but now I've had the surgery and he's very happy with the results.  my doc also prefers to send his patients there now as he likes their assessment process much better as well.

I know that last year the docs did get extra money for the surgery and they were doing 2 a week, not sure if that will continue or not.  Hope that you don't have to wait very long to get the call for the first appt. and can start the whole process quickly.

shelleyleblanc
on 2/23/12 12:44 pm
Topic: RE: New to it all
 Hi 
as i was looking for surgeons I came across this support group and thought someone may be able to help me with my questions or even my thoughts. I was in today to talk to my doctor to start the referral process and when he asked me what I knew about this type of surgery I realized I don't know much. I have struggled with my weight for a number of years and I am not happy with myself. I have bad knees and after 2 doctors have told me to lose weight I now  believe I have to do something for me. I have tried a few different programs but I really had not been successful and I will say I have not been disciplined enough to follow a program and time always got in the way (excuses I know). I need people who understand and ones who can help me with my journey to a new life. What I have been reading from the postings it appears that everyone has been happy with their decisions and I know i will be too. I guess I need to know where do I go from here. 
Thanks 
Shelley 
momjan
on 2/23/12 11:04 am - Canada
Topic: RE: HE SAID YES!!!!!
Last fiscal year, ending March 31, 2012, the number of bariatric surgeries doubled, so there should be about 150 or a few more that could be completed by then.  I can't remember the exact number.  I also don't know that if they can't be fit in before the end of March, does that surgery money get carried over into the next fiscal year or is it just lost?

I assume that if the number of bariatric surgeries have been almost doubled, that the actual OR time allocated for the surgeries is also doubled.  I beleive they are two different things and that might be something you want to find out as well........
momjan
on 2/23/12 11:00 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Waiting for surgery with Dr.A
YES!!!!  Do whatever you have to do to get you in surgery as soon as possible!!!  I added a personal letter explaining why I felt I needed to have surgery quickly and..... I was sent out of country, within 6 months of my initial application/request. 

You are the only one that knows the reasons why you want the surgery (besides the obvious weight loss reasons..) and only you can tell and sell your story!!!!

This is the best thing I could have done for ME and I have no remorse for selling myself to the powers that be!!!

Good luck!

nano1
on 2/23/12 6:46 am - Port Coquitlam, Canada
Topic: Waiting for surgery with Dr.A
My first appointment with Dr Amson was May 2008 & I'm still waiting with no date in site. I have had all my tests done. I asked my GP to refer me to Dr's Sampath & Nguyen hoping that would speed up my surgery. I am already 60 years old and don't have a lot of time to enjoy my life in a healthy body. Do you think I'm doing the right thing?
Most Active