Woo Hoo!

I am no longer Obese

this is such a great feeling

loving my sleeve

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Kiskis
on 2/27/12 1:53 pm - Richmond, Canada
Topic: RE: Protein shakes
I am lucky that I can get my shakes in Blaine, WA cheaper & better selection.

I like the Costco Premier - The USA ones have the iso
As well as Muscle Milk & Lean Body

Atkins ones are good too.

Shopper Drugmart & GNC sell them all. Google and I am sure you can buy on-line too.

Lannae
on 2/27/12 9:11 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Fill Doctors in the Okanagan?
thanks, but I have, that is why I came here to see if anyone knows first hand, or any information..
jaynak
on 2/27/12 1:33 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Fill Doctors in the Okanagan?
I believe that there are some docs in Kelowna that are doing the band surgery, could google it and see if they would be willing to do your fills for you.

bamf
on 2/26/12 5:59 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Costco sells Chocolate Premier Protein Shakes which are very good (30g of protein, 2 net carbs, 160 calories).  A case of 18 is $20 to $25.  I have also seen a good variety of protein products in Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, Super Store, and Ave Maria, all in Prince George.  I most often order from bariatricchoice.com or amazon.com  from the US but shipping can be expensive if sent into Canada.  I just go across the border and pick-up my shipments from a US shipping address, but you would be too far away for that, but I do go to Prince George quite often so it could be possible for me to pick up for you and bring to PG whenever I am going there.
Barb

Nikkal
on 2/26/12 5:57 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: RE: Dr. Sampath or Nguyen?
 thanks Lynn - sounds like whichever doc I end up with will be a good one! My GP said he was going to forward a bunch of test results I've had to them, tests I'd have to have eventually, in hopes that might speed things along...

my plastic surgeon is in the same building - GP jokingly suggested I get him to prod the WLS surgeons along...I said I'd remind the plastics guy that the sooner I get WLS, the sooner he'll be able to do my tummy tuck *lol*.  (he's doing my carpal tunnel next week).

I know, it doesn't work like that but it was fun to joke around...hopefully, though, living so close by and having an insanely flexible job schedule means I can at least be on a cancellation list for my first consult...

intellectually I appreciate the fact that our system means wait times, and I'm very appreciative of our system...but at the same time I'm raring to go!! *Lol*
momjan
on 2/26/12 1:52 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Waiting for surgery with Dr.A
The programs Drs. S & N offer are very good apparently. 

As to 'the best'... everyone thinks their surgeon is the best !

I'd say ... get on as many lists as you can and try to make sure you 'sell' yourself; you are only a number in a long line of hopeful candidates.  You need to make yourself stand out in the eyes of the doctor so you get your surgery asap.
momjan
on 2/26/12 1:49 am - Canada
So many brands...so many places.  I personally buy from a body builder's shop as they have a huge variety  used for different things -  ie muscle mass, lean muscle, weight loss, etc.  Check out Popeye's website.

A lot of people buy from Costco and GNC, etc.  The thing to remember is you need whey isolate as we process it better.  Soy protein is also acceptable.  Other types aren't recommended for wlsers.   Just remember to find ones you will continue to enjoy look for low calories, low or no fat or sugar and high protein - 20-25 grams or more per serving.

If you web search you can find sites where you can buy sample packs of different brands.  That way you aren't stuck with a large container of something you find you don't like.

I keep several different flavours and brands in the house for variety.  Currently, I have Syntrax Nectar, Mango, Myofusion Banana (has a bit of dried egg in it and keeps me fuller longer), and a vegan Vanilla Chai made by Sequel or Vega.  That one is made with hemp protein, yellow pea protein and a few others, not whey.  I only drink that one occasionally as it's more expensive and not really sure how well I absorb it.  But I like the taste.....
Most Active