Recent Posts

Jillville
on 3/22/12 5:31 pm - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Topic: RE: Nerves about consultation
Just read this post now - you've had your appointment - how did it go??

Worries and anxieties with this are normal!!  BUT - they are not helpful.  I have found for myself that reading through all the posts here is very helpful...makes me realize I'm not alone in this AND it also provides me with good information.  For me - positive action and information help allay the negative stuff, like worries and anxiety.

The surgery is NOT the magic fix-it-all - we DO have to take control and ownership of ourselves, but you CAN do it.  Everybody here has learned or is learning how and you can too.

Good luck!!  Wishing you wel!! :)

Jillian. 

Nikkal
on 3/22/12 4:14 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: premier ready to drink shakes from Costco
does anyone local have a couple of the premier shakes theyd be willing to sell me to try?

i dont have a costco membership anymore, and while i'm willing to pay for the drinks, i don't want to have to pay for a membership too - not until I've tried them!

im in no rush, obviously, but I really do need to increase my protein intake and shakes for breakfast would help while I teach myself to enjoy meat...

(i'm not vegetarian, but I'm also not much of a meat eater...)
Nikkal
on 3/22/12 4:10 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: RE: Drs Sampath & Nguyen - wait list & abdomioplasty cost
Sorry kiskis - I just realized that sounded kinda *****y - I'm sorry!

blame it on the painkillers - I recently had hand surgery and it still hurts, plus until I'm fully healed I can't take all my arthritis meds, so I'm soooooooooo cranky.
Nikkal
on 3/22/12 10:00 am
VSG on 07/18/13
 thanks, but I don't think they do VSG, do they?

I'd rather wait for funded surgery anyway - I don't consider my life to be at a standstill, nor do I think I need this urgently. My BMI is much higher than yours, but I have no comorbidities, so I can manage to wait.

the time before consult will give me time to get myself into the right mindset - I was chatting with Dr Yoni Freedhoff of the Bariatric Medical Institute in Ottawa the other day and he believes that the biggest predictor of post-surgical success is adopting the habits before surgery...so I think a wait will be quite a good thing for me.
Kiskis
on 3/22/12 5:57 am - Richmond, Canada
Topic: RE: Nerves about consultation
It took me 1 year to go for a consult. I was anxious and nerviuos that I would be rejected. Now 1 year later after being banded my BMI from 46 to 26 & 108 lbs lighter. I am about 15-25 lbs to goal. Good luck in your journey but you are not alone.

Cheers,
K

Kiskis
on 3/22/12 5:54 am - Richmond, Canada
That is why I went self pay at Cambie as I wanted my life back! I have gone from 46 BMI to 26 1 year later & 108 lbs! 15-25 lbs from goal. Cambie also has financing. Any questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

Cheers,
K

Nikkal
on 3/21/12 1:41 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
 yeah, I did know about the surgeon, but I've already broken this one in *grin*

(he's done both my carpal tunnel surgeries)

I'm going to try to make the best use of the wait to start easing into new habits - I already journal, but I need to start getting more protein & water, and this gives me time to get a referral to the physiotherapists at the Arthritis centre...plus stuff like going go Garratt Wellness!

karen26
on 3/21/12 12:22 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Support group in Prince George
Hi all!  I too are from PG. I waiting for an appointment to see the surgen as well in Richmond. Have been told I should be called late spring early summer. I think it will be great to be able to talk to others who are going thru the surgery like me. Let me know when and where and I will try hard to be there.  Karen
prplady
on 3/21/12 10:25 am - Canada
Topic: RE: yahoo
WTG! Good Job keep up the good work!!!

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

prplady
on 3/21/12 10:21 am - Canada
last minute cancellations certainly do happen.. so its good that you let her know you are available.

we have a Plastic Surgeon as part of our team...

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Most Active