Recent Posts

lilymorg
on 3/24/12 5:13 am
Topic: RE: premier ready to drink shakes from Costco
I have a couple of the chocolate aswell...I never liked them...although with a lot of ice & some of the sugar free torani syrup all blended up, it did make it more tolerable.  I will be in Richmond at Garret Wellness on most Wednesdays for the next few weeks.  Let me know if you are interested.
lilymorg
on 3/24/12 5:11 am
Topic: RE: Drs Sampath & Nguyen - wait list & abdomioplasty cost
The program with Dr. Sampath/Nguyen is great, and its support for a life time.  I know a few people who have gone to the US, or self pay, and they do not have the kind of support that this program is offering.  It is worth the wait.  Also, at my last appointment with Dr. Sampath, he said they have recently added a plastic surgeon to the team, and the pani removal & breast reduction/lift is covered by BC Medical.   So that's cool too!! :)
sexy_me
on 3/23/12 2:28 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Dr Nguyen already mentioned I'll be needing skin removal at last visit. He's right too, all that skin is heading south and couple other areas are deflating.. fast LOL

Not sure but I believe it's Coastal Plastic Surgery & Dr Owen Reid.

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

sexy_me
on 3/23/12 2:17 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Great, flight arrives in morning on the 2nd and got appt first thing. So I'll PM you after we settle into our hotel and we can go from there. 

Kiskis
on 3/23/12 10:14 am - Richmond, Canada
Nikkal - no worries :).

Cambie Surgery does VS.

Nikkal
on 3/23/12 4:43 am
VSG on 07/18/13
 That suits me just fine - like I said, I'm in no rush! I live in Richmond, abd will still be on med leave then, so it's good!

Thanks
sexy_me
on 3/22/12 9:43 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
 Not sure if your willing to wait long but I'm coming into Richmond on April 2 I could bring a couple with me.. Theyre chocolate flavor though.

Jillville
on 3/22/12 5:55 pm - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Topic: RE: Surgery date looming and I'm feeling unsure...
Hi Heather,

My surgery is also scheduled for April with Dr. Sampath. I had been working so hard for so long at getting a date that when it finally happended, once the shock wore off, I was very surprised to find myself feeling unsettled/unsure.  Was this REALLY what I wanted??  Was I really prepared for all the challenges and changes?!  I started re-reading everything on this site again, as well as other books/materials I have regarding the VSG and WLS.  Refamiliarizing myself with all the information was very helpful.  Also, it helped me a lot to just breathe, relax, and remember what it was that prompted me to begin this journey in the first place. Then, instead of focusing on the the things that I would be giving up/leaving behind, including a certain status quo/comfort zone in being fat,  I turned my thoughts to all the good things, the benefits that I am going to experience as I regain my health and my physical ability.  There is so much to look forward to!!  I'm feeling very confident/reaffirmed now in my pursuit of WLS and VERY excited about all the new challenges and enjoyment on the horizon!!

Everybody's reaction to and tolerance of the surgery and the healing is different and you can't know ahead of time how it is going to go.  Just know that you will get through it, there is a lot of support from the medical team AND the WLS community available to you, and in looking back one day, the actual surgery and immediate recovery will become a very small part of a much bigger journey that I've never heard anybody say they've regretted taking!!  

Good luck to you!!  Best wishes!!

Jillian.  

Jillville
on 3/22/12 5:38 pm - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Topic: RE: yahoo

Wow - how great that must feel!!  Keep it up!! :)

Jillville
on 3/22/12 5:36 pm - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Definitely adopting/practicing the strategies starting now is a great idea!!  It can feel like a very long, torturous process, but hang in there - it is worth it!!

Good luck to you on your journey!!
Jillian. :)

Most Active