Recent Posts

bbwvixen
on 4/12/12 9:24 am - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Drs Sampath & Nguyen - wait list & abdomioplasty cost
On March 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM Pacific Time, lilymorg wrote:
The program with Dr. Sampath/Nguyen is great, and its support for a life time.  I know a few people who have gone to the US, or self pay, and they do not have the kind of support that this program is offering.  It is worth the wait.  Also, at my last appointment with Dr. Sampath, he said they have recently added a plastic surgeon to the team, and the pani removal & breast reduction/lift is covered by BC Medical.   So that's cool too!! :)
I thought the surgeon had to get pre approval for the panni and that was only if you had medical problems because of it?
My friend who had surgery 4 years ago and lost 200 lbs had to go to Duncan, and the surgeon wanted her to quit smoking and loose another 50 lbs first.

Nikkal
on 4/12/12 5:22 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: RE: Coming to Richmond
 Phooey - ill be back to work by then and I think I have to be in the office that day. :-(

sexy_me
on 4/12/12 4:46 am
VSG on 02/06/12
Topic: RE: met Nooshin tonight!
 Yes she's really nice and understanding. 

Oh .. havent confirmed dates for flight but it looks like it'll be on my b-day. 

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

jaynak
on 4/12/12 2:12 am - Canada
Topic: RE: met Nooshin tonight!
I find her very nice and supportive as well.  I've also found that if you mess up a little and then get back at it then she tends to be pretty understanding.

jaynak
on 4/12/12 2:11 am - Canada
Topic: Coming to Richmond
I will be in Richmond next week to see Nooshin, Thursday, April 19 @11:30.  Just wondering if anyone else will be in the area then and would like to get together????

Nikkal
on 4/11/12 3:43 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: met Nooshin tonight!
 had my first Winning at Losing session tonight. 

I like her - she seems very patient! I really like the fact that she's academic as well as clinical...I have a PhD bias! (in favour of)

Hopefully it will be a good use of my time as opposed to just being something the surgeons want. I was a bit bored tonight as there was no new (to me) information and I hate being told to "buddy up" with someone (although the lady I'm paired with seems really nice and agreed not to phone me but to use email if she wants any outside support - I HATE talking on the phone).

ah well, even if I'm not learning anything new, extra accountability for the changes I need to make is always good!
Jillville
on 4/11/12 11:36 am - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Topic: Anyone else having surgery on Monday, April 16th?
Hello - I'n getting sleeved on Monday, April 16th in Richmond by Dr. Sampath - anyone else??  I know of a few people who ended up sharing a room with someone they knew...just curious if I might end up with a familiar roomie??

prplady
on 4/8/12 9:32 am - Canada
Topic: for those going to VEGAS!!!!
http://www.vegas4locals.com/coupons.html

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

sexy_me
on 4/5/12 7:50 am, edited 4/6/12 6:43 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Topic: Dana douglas 4 wheel walker
Hi all,

I have a blue coloured Dana Douglas 4200 series four wheeled rollator/walker for sale.  

It is a Bariatric model with a slightly wider width, supports a max weight up to 500 lbs. A mini basket which sits in front just below padded seat is included as well.  
It fits in a smaller car trunk or storage space simply adjust hand grips, remove padded back bar and slide in. 
The duo click hand brakes are great for someone with arthritis or other inflammatory disease, one push downward and brakes are engaged. The padded hand grips are adjustable to suit your height an comfort. 
Since I am not sure what price to ask, make me an offer as I'm open to all reasonable offers. It should be with someone who could really use it then me hanging stuff on it. Now if this interests you or could be to someone you know send me a msg or post reply below. 

Thanks

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

Heather Q.
on 4/3/12 2:36 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 04/10/12
Topic: RE: One day down...
Hey Jill!

I'm doing well, coming to the end of day 7, just one more week to go! I still have struggles with wanting regular food, especially if my family is eating, however, I try to just disappear and do something else. I think my body is just really missing protein right now, but it depends on the day, some are easier, some are tougher. I think I'm a tough streak right now. I'll do this..:)

I'm glad to hear your doing well, and keep doing what your doing..one day at a time. If you look too far ahead, it becomes daunting. Keep your positive outlook..it will serve you well.

Take care & stay in contact :D

H.
Most Active