Recent Posts

bamf
on 4/13/12 2:39 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: met Nooshin tonight!
The changeways course is very helpful.  It is 11 weeks @ 1 night (2 hours) each week, and can be taken by both pre-op & post-op.  Robyn the OT is the person to contact for it.
Barb

Nikkal
on 4/13/12 11:18 am
VSG on 07/18/13
 hey Serenesis! I figure the course will be worth it for additional accountability...I set a goal of walking at least 10 min every day on my work breaks and today (not at work) I walked a km along the Horseshoe Slough trail here in Richmond...I didn't want to have to explain why I failed on my first goal (lol)!

how did the consult go?

Lilymorg, is the changeways course a pre-op requirement or is that the post op group? Sounds like a good program

I LOVE all the support that's in place for us.  I see all the inconsistent approaches and all the people who seem to get little pre- or post-op support and counselling and I feel bad for them!
Serenisis
on 4/13/12 5:46 am - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
 I really like Nooshin so far! Looking forward to the upcoming weeks with her :) In fact, I'm enjoying this whole process with Dr. S, especially after the stress and runaround I've been given with 2 other surgeons I've seen before.  

Tbh, I don't feel like I learnt anything new either, but I think that will come as we go and at the very least, help us get more consistent with what we know and when to apply it :P 
shanti4758
on 4/13/12 4:11 am
Topic: RE: Looking for members in PG and area
Hi there, i had my first appt sept 2009 with dr tang so i am hoping to get the sleeve by the end of this year. Who knows though, it is a waiting game now. Good luck with your first appt. i have also been going to the clinical wt loss program at unbc, another friend who has had the sleeve is going as well. Lots of excercise..

lilymorg
on 4/13/12 4:04 am
Its a course about learning to set reachable goals, deal with stress, learn triggers, learn new coping mechanisms etc.
Its been a pretty good course.
karen26
on 4/13/12 3:41 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Looking for members in PG and area
Hi Shanti thanks for replying. I have added Linda R. to my friends list. Great news I have just got my first appontment with Dr. Nguyen May 4th excited and nervous all mat the same time. Let me know what stage you are at.  Karen
Nikkal
on 4/13/12 3:14 am
VSG on 07/18/13
 What's the Changeways course?
bamf
on 4/12/12 4:04 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Coming to Richmond
Too bad it won't work out for me.  I will be in Richmond most of the day, but on Tuesday, not Thursday.  We will have to get together some other way because I will have your syrups, for you.
Barb

lilymorg
on 4/12/12 3:26 pm
I was at Garrett Wellness last night aswell for the Changeways course! we were in the next room!

I never had to take Winning at Loosing...but I do hope you can find something useful from it!
bbwvixen
on 4/12/12 9:27 am - Surrey, Canada
Topic: Anyone else in the Surrey area?
I'm 2 years out and getting lazy. I'm looking for someone who wants to work out together.Water aerobics at N. Surrey rec center, belly dancing....whatever...email me at [email protected]

Most Active