Recent Posts

Chelsyrae
on 1/30/18 11:26 pm
Topic: RE: Wait list info, anyone know?

I was referred aprox 3 years before I got my consultation. It's been 6 months of seeing the dietitian and doing all of my tests (liver scan) (blood work) and I now get to see the surgeon in Feb! We will just have to see what he says now!

laisheavenbound
on 1/29/18 10:52 am - Parksville BC, Canada
VSG on 09/17/18
Topic: RE: Referrals for VSG or Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Ask to be refered to the Richmond bariatric clinic or Victoria Bariatric clinic, if there are none in Kelowna...I know there is a private clinic there but I am not sure about an insured clinic

losing2live2015
on 1/29/18 5:06 am - Powell River , BC
RNY on 11/09/17
Topic: Is anyone suffering from heartburn?

Hi all! I am wondering if anyone is suffering from heartburn. I woke up with it from surgery and it hasn't gone away. I am on meds 2x day for it, but I still suffer. Any suggestions?

jalingra
on 1/27/18 11:45 pm - Cobble Hill, BC
Topic: RE: Regain after 3 years VSG. Vancouver Island support group wanted

Hello,

I am on Vancouver Island and considering VSG. I am wondering where you went to get your surgery? Who did you see on the Island for follow up care?

skinnygal2
on 1/25/18 10:25 am
Topic: RE: Bariatric Help in Vancouver/Victoria

Nothing is free, as I have found out. What are hidden costs at Dr Lyons program? Does he get fee for surgery referral, were you sent for all kinds of tests.

I am jaded as already paid out lots of money for so called free programs

cherbear04
on 1/24/18 8:06 am - KELOWNA, BC
Topic: Referrals for VSG or Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I'm having a heck of a time finding info about being referred for VSG or the Gastric Sleeve Surgery. I was in my GP's office and asked if he could refer me or if I was even a candidate and he's like I don't know. He gave me the number of another doctor, whom told me he only does the surgery occasionally and pretty much picks and chooses who he does the surgery for.

Is there a form my doctor needs to fill out to go to one of the Bariatric locations in BC or do I just ask him to send a referral to one of them?

Someone please help my head is hurting from trying to hunt on the internet.

Metamorph1959
on 1/21/18 12:56 pm
Topic: RE: So pissed off!

The good news is that committing to this process -- and wanting to be well prepared for entering into it when that call finally comes -- has rekindled my efforts at weight loss. Currently experimenting with a 5:2 regime, which seems to be working. Maybe by the time I can have the surgery, I won't need it! And yes, I don't want ever to be back in this place. That's what is really motivating me at this point.

Metamorph1959
on 1/21/18 12:52 pm
Topic: RE: Where can I get optifast in the central Island?

Was it not ordered for you by your doctor? When I was attempting a very low calorie diet with liquid meal replacements, my doctor ordered Optifast by the case for me, and it would have been delivered to my door except that the delivery people here are [fill in the blank] and I had to pick it up at the depot. But at least it was delivered to a place close to me.

And if that isn't possible, could you get an alternative like Premier Protein? It is FAR more palatable than Optifast, in my opinion, anyway.

Hope this helps.

MM

laisheavenbound
on 1/21/18 10:46 am - Parksville BC, Canada
VSG on 09/17/18
Topic: RE: Victoria Bariatric Program?

Let me know how that appointment goes ...Mine is in Feb

laisheavenbound
on 1/21/18 10:43 am - Parksville BC, Canada
VSG on 09/17/18
Topic: RE: So pissed off!

I am sorry for your experience....I know its hard....I am hoping all this waiting and all the struggles will make the end experience even better. I know for me I will stick to the program just to never ever be back in this place where I need it so bad

Most Active