Recent Posts

Serenisis
on 4/22/12 5:38 pm - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
Topic: RE: found Mio locally!
Thank you darlin!  LOL I totally could've gotten off my butt and figured that out if I actually went to superstore.  I usually avoid it because I can't staaaand how busy it gets. I will definitely try to get some the next time I go though :)
             HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Nikkal
on 4/22/12 4:08 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
 crystal light area!

Serenisis
on 4/22/12 10:35 am - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
Would I find them next to the crystal light? Or in the pharmacy section? 

Heather Q.
on 4/21/12 4:20 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 04/10/12
The Wal-Mart on Grandview Hwy has them too. Saw them a couple of days ago, lots of flavors but I'm unsure about decaffinated.
Serenisis
on 4/21/12 4:01 pm - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
 Yay! Thanks for sharing, might have to go pick some up :)

Nikkal
on 4/21/12 9:18 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: found Mio locally!
 last week at Nooshin's class I mentioned a shot of Mio "water enhancer" made it easier to get in lots of fluids...but that I'd only seen it in the US...

not anymore! Found some at Superstore in Richmond - not all the flavours, and none of the caffeinated kind, but still - yay! 3.99 for the bottle, same price that I paid in WA.

yay!
Serenisis
on 4/20/12 9:32 am - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
Topic: RE: Anyone else having surgery on Monday, April 16th?
   Hope it went well Jill!! Let us know how you're feeling as soon as you're able to :) 

momjan
on 4/18/12 12:55 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Having a hard time with getting liquids in post-op
Welcome to the loser`s bench.

You won`t get all your liquids in but do the best you can.  Your body can feed off the fat deposits, but you need your liquids.  Don`t push yourself to get too much in; you are healing and don`t need to stress your new stomach.

Sip, sip, walk, rest, sip, sip, walk, rest....

Head hunger is normal...think of someone quitting smoking and who keeps missing that cigarette...it`s the same thing..... something missing in the hand or mouth.  Keep busy with other things...chew gum (just don`t swallow it!!), read In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts, Dr. Gabor Mate and just find different patterns that don`t associate food with a specific task..ie.  at coffee break, go for a walk rather than to the coffee shop where you will want to have a muffin with your coffee or tea, etc....

Good luck!
Serenisis
on 4/15/12 2:45 pm - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
Topic: RE: Sleeve size with Dr.Sampath??
 Interesting....thanks for sharing ladies!  =))

prplady
on 4/15/12 1:33 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Having a hard time with getting liquids in post-op
sip sip sip... it will get easier!! you will not be able to get all in at first it will take time, it will happen,, slow and easy. You will get there .. so sip walk rest repeat.. welcome to the loser's bench!

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Most Active