Recent Posts

bbwvixen
on 5/27/12 6:19 am - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone else in the Surrey area?
Congrats on your surgery!!!!
I put my back out last week, so haven't been able to do anything:((
I just bought a home gym too, and I have a punching bag.
If you want to do something in private opposed to being at a public gym, your more then welcome to come over. I'm in Whalley.
Once my back is better, I'll water aerobics with you :)

Add me on facebook if your on

[email protected]

bbwvixen
on 5/27/12 6:15 am - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Support Group In Surrey Area
I'm in Surrey, and two years post op
I used to go to the New West group, but haven't been
in over a year.

Pinkchickadee
on 5/19/12 12:30 pm
Topic: RE: Victoria Patient going through the Richmond Surgeons.
 Thanks.  I  decided to  stay  here on the  Island and  have it  done.  I  am seeing a surgeon  who is  new to the  island and I have  heard that  his  wait time  is   a  lot  less than the  other bariatric  surgeons  on the  island.  Fingers  crossed it  won't  take too long.  I  would  rather  be  passing the  days  doing  something to  be  working towards the  goal  o  surgery.  Man this is a  crazy  ride!

Iris B.
on 5/19/12 12:18 pm - Canada
VSG on 12/17/12
Topic: RE: Victoria Patient going through the Richmond Surgeons.
 Hi

I had been on the wait list with Richmond for 10 months and got my first appointments with Dr. Sampath last month.  As we are in the process of moving to the island (Victoria) they have made every attempt to get as many of my appointments done while we are still on the mainland and are trying to book follow up appointments on one day so I can come back for a day of appointments at a time.

The receptionist at the office is not very helpfull and the only thing she would tell me is to look at the website.  Start a food dairy and keep up with it, and get out for exercise every day.  Don't lose hope you will get there, I had given up up ever getting an appointment when I finally got the call.

Good Luck
Pinkchickadee
on 5/19/12 4:08 am
Topic: RE: What is the process for Dr Tang?
Thanks so much. I had my first appt with him and he said he would send me for the gastroscopy and then left. I switched to Dr Malik because his wait time is much much less. Thanks for responding. Good luck on your journey.
Momx4kids
on 5/19/12 3:15 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Topic: RE: What is the process for Dr Tang?
I had Dr. Tang and you need all the tests before he puts you on the list for surgery, so find out what you need and be proactive so the next time you see him you have alot of tests either done or you are waiting for them. I found I would go thinking I had them all done and then he would say, 'Oh, I need this test done' then that would set me back about 6 months from being on the list or ready for surgery. I can't remember all the tests, but I know I had to get an overnight oximetry(not sure of spelling) test, a lung capacity test, bloodwork.
Rhonda

sexy_me
on 5/16/12 8:43 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Topic: RE: 6 month update
Thats excellent!
Hopefully I get good news at my 3m follow up this Friday when i see her.. 

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

Nikkal
on 5/16/12 3:22 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
carrie.c
on 5/16/12 2:30 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: found Mio locally!
I love these! Way better than CL by far!! So happy they are in Canada now! I am impressed with the amount of things we are starting to find here in Canada now :)
Lynnww666
on 5/14/12 2:21 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: found Mio locally!
 Yeah, I am also loving the berry pomegranate and my next bottle will be the mango. I got mine at Thrifty Foods in Nanaimo.
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active