Recent Posts

OceanLoverBC
on 7/18/12 2:01 pm
Topic: RE: help finding a surgeon
Surrey doctor that does lap-band procedure: 
Dr. Wai-Man Leung 
200-13798 94A Ave Surrey  Phone: 604.581.2515
Approximately $14,000 to go through lap-band privately. 
Surferboysmom
on 7/15/12 4:18 pm - Chilliwack, Canada
Topic: RE: Referral, now what
 Hey :o) I'm in Chilliwack too... My understanding is exercising is one thing you need to do to help prepare... If you'd like to join me I thought I'd focuss on walking :o)
Surferboysmom
on 7/15/12 4:14 pm - Chilliwack, Canada
Topic: RE: Post Surgery Recovery
 Lol... It sounds a lot like my two c-sections! 
Serenisis
on 7/13/12 4:29 am, edited 7/13/12 4:31 am - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
Topic: RE: Vancouver weight loss surgery support meeting
 Yes! I went to my first Vancouver meeting last night...it's a great group =) There's a newer post about it a few threads down, actually -- here's the link:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/BC/4537120/Vancouver-WLS-S upport-Meeting/
             HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

SRSmith
on 7/13/12 4:13 am
Topic: RE: Vancouver weight loss surgery support meeting
 Are these meetings still happening? 

Armyguy1976
on 7/12/12 2:13 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13
Topic: Any fellow CF members out there that had WLS? I'm full of questions in regards to the process
 Morning all ,

I'm a 16 year Canadian Forces member who  has chosen to go ahead with WLS, after multipible deployments in Afghan, Dubai UAE and Haiti I'm finally in a static posting and am ready to make this change in my life. I'm wondering if any pre or post op Mil mbrs can share there experence and there timeframe. 

I'm seriously considering self pay.

Any help would be great 

Cheers 

MCpl P.K. Byrne
suzanneb
on 7/4/12 8:12 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Topic: RE: Vancouver WLS Support Meeting

Hi Heather

If you want to be added to the email wls Vancouver Support monthly reminder list
please let us know your email address and we will add you to it.

Our meeting in July is July 12th

Thanks Suzanne
[email protected]

Chattycat50
on 6/30/12 11:58 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Questions...
I had Surgery with Dr Malik Dec 2011 and I waited about 2 years altogether, I have serous health problems and I got in sooner. Dr Malik is an amazing surgeon and I am happy and healthy girl now. He will send you for every test you need ( or any Dr of your choice).
I read In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction by Gabor Maté. It is well worth reading, and I read everything on this site and Wls site at blaze on line, there is a ton of info on these sites . but the Question you really need to ask your self is do you want to change, I work out every second day and I will for the rest of my life, I hated it, I cried, I got depressed, I got angry, but I agreed in writing to myself that if I was given this chance that I would work it and change my life. The surgery only gives you help with the food if you don't work at being healthy, it will come back. I am so grateful for my new life and I slowly started to like working out, I really can't go with out now, I have energy, and I can wear a great pair of jeans now. I am no longer on an meds, no insulin.......NO Insulin OMG amazing I think .... I am 54 years old , if this old lazy dog can do it anyone can. hope this is helpful
CathyB
http://cathy-todayinanutshell.blogspot.com/

Lena S.
on 6/28/12 6:30 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
Topic: RE: Disgusting topic but need an answer please..
Hi Heather
Yep that was dumping.  More than likely from the fat content...I am RNY but more and more of my support group friends are having VSG so I have heard about this from them. 
Lena
Abbotsford BC

momjan
on 6/27/12 12:27 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Lap band in Kelowna? Anyone?
No, but have you checked the lap band forum on this site for feedback - or any other site for lap band feedback.  From what I've been reading, most people are pulling away from lap bands as there is such a small weight loss and a lot of problems with it down the road.........
Most Active