Recent Posts

karen26
on 8/28/12 5:06 pm - Canada
Topic: surgery date
I have my surgery date Sept. 17th. It happened so fast. Nooshing said it was the fastest she has seen. Any last minute advice? Is anyone else sceduled for that date in Richmond, a buddy would be great.
PattiS
on 8/28/12 4:55 pm
Topic: RE: Out of Country form
 banf
Now that my referal has been received by WestCoast Bariatric, are they going to contact me to let me know of these required classes BEFORE the first consult?  
Lolote
on 8/28/12 1:42 am - AZ
VSG on 07/14/17
Topic: RE: Asked for referral.. now what?
 Im confused. Now that I've asked for a referral, shouldn't I be dealing with the bariatric surgery's office rather than my doctor?
bbwvixen
on 8/27/12 11:58 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: i wrecked my back
 ouch!! I seem to do that every few weeks, and battle sciatica in the meantime .
bbwvixen
on 8/27/12 11:03 pm - Surrey, Canada
 you can keep checking with your doctors office to find out if theyv'e heard anything. Its also a gentle reminder that your waiting.

bbwvixen
on 8/27/12 11:00 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Just starting the process....
 I had my surgery on the Island with Dr.Malik, so I had some tests done locally, and others I had to go to Victoria for.

Lolote
on 8/27/12 5:34 pm - AZ
VSG on 07/14/17
 Oh.. So I won't get a call to make an appointment for later? Is there a way to know that I'm on the list or something? 
holli_dawn44
on 8/26/12 10:02 pm - Canada
Topic: Just starting the process....
 I've read the spec sheets on West Coast's website regarding the classes, the journal, etc..

I'm from Kelowna. Does anyone know how all these pre-op things work when you're not from the Vancouver area? I know I will go to the clinic as many times as needed for consultations, but I'm not sure about the rest of it. 

I would assume I'd see the nutritionist, et*****elowna?

Nikkal
on 8/26/12 9:38 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
 now, you wait.

no one will call you until an appointment is made, and I'll warn you, the wait list is long. I've been on the list since February - I was told 10 months before a consult; new referrals are being told a year or more.

on westcoast's website there is info on the surgeries they do, as well as a PDF listing the stuff you need to do.

you can start some of it early like I have if you're eager to start making changes. I've read the recommended book, taken the recommended weight loss class with the dietician, and have been journalling my food and exercise since before my referral.

I think the others here have said that if you do everything you're told to do, and experience no delays in testing, AND all the pros think you're ready, you can get the surgery about 6-8 months after the consult. I'm hoping by the time I have the consult the surgeon will see that I've already done a LOT of what they want.

Lolote
on 8/25/12 10:07 pm - AZ
VSG on 07/14/17
Topic: Asked for referral.. now what?
 Hey there,

I asked for a referral to dr nguyen today. What is the process from now on?
How long does it take for the dr. nguyen's secretary to call me back? What kind of questions do they ask? Do I have to prepare anything?
Thanks for the help! :)
Most Active