Recent Posts

Lena S.
on 9/3/12 9:26 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
Topic: RE: Where do you buy your vitamins?
My ferritin just would not respond to supplements at all.  It has gotten so low that I have had to start taking IV iron tranfusions every 2 weeks just to keep my levels at a normal level.  If you haven't got quite that low I recommend Heme Iron such as Proferrin or Bifera.  I personally live 2km for the US border so I have a post office box there and have my vitamins shipped there from various US companies such as Vitacost, Vitalady, Celebrate, and Bariatric Advantage. I buy most of my vits from Costco and Wal mart tho,
Lena
Abbotsford BC

Lena S.
on 9/3/12 9:19 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
Topic: Facebook
If you are not already on Facebook I strongly suggest that you join.  You can always start a new profile just for you Weightloss Surgery Facebook Stuff.  There is a ton of support available on Facebook and many local people who are on there that can help you.  I am on Facebook everyday as are plenty of other people that can help you get answers for your questions.  I come on here every couple of months.

My name is Lena Sterne please add me and send me a message telling me where you are in your journey and I will answer any questions I can and direct you to various groups on Facebook where you can get more answers and more support.

Lena
Abbotsford BC

MaGraw
on 9/2/12 4:27 pm - Canada
Topic: Where do you buy your vitamins?
Just wondering what brand and where do you buy your vitamins and protein?  Does anyone have low ferritin and if so, what iron supplement do you use and how much?
PattiS
on 9/1/12 8:52 pm
Topic: RE: surgery date
 Awesome news for you :)
I wonder if it is a sign that wait times are becoming shorter.
How are doing as the day gets closer?
Serenisis
on 9/1/12 3:17 pm, edited 9/1/12 3:18 pm - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
Topic: RE: surgery date
Congrats!!! That's so exciting and coming up so fast! How long have you been seeing Dr. Nguyen?

If you're interested, we have a support group for Richmond program patients on facebook, just go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastwlssupport/ and ask to join so I can approve it!
             HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Heather Q.
on 9/1/12 12:41 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 04/10/12
Topic: RE: Dr Tang
Hi !,

I`m sorry that you`ve been waiting that long, how terrible. I haven`t heard many good things about Dr. Tang nor the rest of the Vic bariatric group. I went through the West Coast Bariatric out of Richmond. Absolutely fabulous Dr`s and people.

I started my journey in 2009 but hesitated for a year, hence the delay. I was sleeved on April 10th of this year and reality is, you should have been done by now too. Please may I make a suggestion? Try the one in Richmond, you'll be so much happier and done a heck of a lot sooner to boot! It's only my opinion, but I think everyone who wants it, should have this chance. Look into it, what have you got to loose?

I hope it all works out for you, no matter what you decide!
porkandbeans
on 8/30/12 5:44 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Does anyone have . . .
Hi! great to hear from a "Valley Girl"! We will have to meet and get to know each other.
porkandbeans
on 8/30/12 5:44 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Does anyone have . . .
Hi! great to hear from a "Valley Girl"!  We will have to meet and get to know each other.
shanti4758
on 8/30/12 4:07 pm
Topic: Dr Tang
Anyone had surgery by Dr Tang lately? I am still waiting for my sleeve. First appt was Sept 09

PattiS
on 8/30/12 11:43 am
Topic: RE: Out of Country form
 lolote
I should have added that if you want to persue the Out Of Country funding you should call MSP and ask them how to go about it.  This is what I was told by the receptionist of my Family Doctor.
Cheers
Most Active