Recent Posts

Member Services
on 9/8/12 1:46 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: Meet Our Speakers: Colleen M. Cook

Meet Our Speakers: Colleen M. Cook

Hope & Help for the Pain of Regain

Join 17 year WLS veteran Colleen M. Cook for both a shot in the arm and a kick in the seat as she shares lessons from long-term losers and imparts insight, inspiration, and hope for WLS patients struggling with extended plateaus or weight regain. Her thoughts, stories, and personal experiences will inspire and motivate you to reach and maintain your optimum weight loss.

Also, don't miss her Keynote on Friday: Nothing Succeeds Like Success

We hope to see you in Atlanta, GA October 5th and 6th! Click here to book your ticket today!

Fast Facts About Colleen

-Colleen is the author of The Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients.
- She is the president or Bariatric Support Centers International, a company that specializes in providing education and support services for weight loss surgery patients and the professionals who serve them.
- Colleen currently serves on the National Advisory board for the Walk From Obesity.
-Known as Ms. Enthusiasm, Colleen helps men and women from all walks of life recognize their extraordinary potential and then inspires then to aspire.

shanti4758
on 9/8/12 9:45 am
Topic: RE: Facebook
 Hi Lena, I remember you from Kris's group. I am lost without it. I cant remember the name of the yahoo group. Do you know the name of it? I am on Ron's group but not many post there. Any names of bc facebook grous would be appreciated. I used to sign in under anderlamb.
Your profile pic is beautiful! You look amazing. Thanks, Elain.

shanti4758
on 9/7/12 8:25 pm
Topic: RE: Got My Date!!!
Such excellent news! Congrats.

Heather Q.
on 9/6/12 9:18 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 04/10/12
Topic: RE: surgeons for person with high bmi ?
Hi Jacqueline,

My BMI was 62.8 and Dr Nguyen had no issue with doing my VSG. All be it, like others, I was to show weight loss pre-surgery; just to prove compliance and a willingness to follow the progam. Dr. N and Dr. Sampath work out of West Coast Bariatric in Richmond BC. 

Not sure it will help you, good luck!  Heather
jacjoy
on 9/6/12 5:59 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
Topic: surgeons for person with high bmi ?
Hi,

I am new to OH and I do not meet the criteria for bariatric surgery in Manitoba ( bmi of less than 47 ).  My BMI is too high.  Does anyone know of any surgeons who will work with people with a BMI of 60 ?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jacqueline
nano1
on 9/6/12 3:45 pm - Port Coquitlam, Canada
Topic: Got My Date!!!
Finally, after 4 years - Nov 2008 1st appt & that took me 18 months to get I have a date of Dec 21. Who care if it interferes with Christmas, I can have turkey anytime.
suzanneb
on 9/5/12 12:56 am - North Vancouver, Canada
Topic: RE: i wrecked my back
Hi Christine

Can you use an ice pack, or ask your surgeon or doctor if you can use a topical anti-inflammatory cream, like, Biofreeze or Traumeel.

See what your doctor says and if it is ok to use this.

Traumeel I've seen at Save on Foods and Biofreeze I have found in the physiotherapist office.

What about getting massage theraphy, or accupuncture both work on my back.

Take care of yourself, will we see you at this Thursday's meeting or are you laid up in bed?

Hope you feel better soon.

Suzanne

suzanneb
on 9/5/12 12:52 am - North Vancouver, Canada
Topic: Vancouver weight loss surgery support meeting Sept 6th
WLS support meeting Thursday September 6, 2012

Hello everyone

Just to let everyone know our next weight loss surgery support meeting for will be Thursday, September 6th at Mt. St. Joseph's Hospital, 7:00 to 8:30 pm
(use Prince Edward Street entrance) take the elevator to 1st floor, turn left come a few doors down to Sister Germaine Roy conference room.

Our meetings are open to pre-op, post-op, spouses, support people or anyone that's wanting to know about weight loss surgery and needing support.

Any questions please email us at [email protected]

Hope to see you all at the next meeting.

Suzanne

MaGraw
on 9/3/12 1:29 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Where do you buy your vitamins?
Thanks for responding.  I too have a postal box at Sumas and get most vitamins via Bariatic Choice.  My iron is hemo iron.  What's the difference between hemo and heme?   It''s hemo iron with ferrochel.  Apparently you can take it with calcium.  I take 1 a day-29mg. I buy Premier RTD protein at Costco in Abby when they have it!  Have you had any complications?

shanti4758
on 9/3/12 9:37 am
Topic: RE: Dr Tang
Hi i did ck with west coast but the wait time to get the first appt was at least a year. I really like Dr Tang and am happy there I was just hoping to find out the wait time. I am thinking it could be soon. If I switched Dr's now, that would set me back further. Hiw is your weight loss coming along? Are you pleased?
Most Active