Recent Posts

DeborahWilson
on 9/16/12 11:21 pm - Victoria, Canada
Topic: RE: Halifax to Mexico anyone interested for week of Sept 12th
 Hello
I hope you're doing well. 
I'm a journalist with CBC radio and am hoping to speak with people who are travelling outside Canada for surgery.
I realize you might be too busy right now but I'm hoping it would be possible to chat with you about your experience when it's convenient.
Best regards
Deborah Wilson

[email protected]
250-414-4708
250-216-6615 (cell)
shanti4758
on 9/16/12 6:05 pm
Topic: RE: Will It ever happen?
 Thanks! Linda how are you doing? I have been wondering how your wt loss has been going. I never see u post anymore. E.
Linda R.
on 9/16/12 2:44 pm - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
Just be paitent,  I know it's hard to do.  When was the last time you seen the dr.  anyway?  its it monthly or what?  If you ever feel the need give me a call, and I'll listen while you rant. will send you my number

Linda

Nikkal
on 9/15/12 11:22 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
 drs amson & tang seem to have much longer waitlists than Nguyen & Sampath, so I'm not having to wait as long as some, but yeah - some days it feels like forever.

I've decided to use the wait time as a gift - this is my time to try to understand how I got here and what my life might look like afterwards - and to try to start living that life NOW, to the best of my ability.

that doesn't mean that I don't want to call the office and scream "I'm ready, dammit!!!"
shanti4758
on 9/14/12 9:18 pm, edited 9/14/12 2:23 am
Topic: RE: Dr Amson and funding
I havent had too much luck with that new site either. I found it easier to go to his facebook page. If you are on facebook do a search for wls support. It is the one with the orange ribbon for an icon. That is rons group as well. It will be easy to contact him there. What is your revision from and why? I wish you good luck, the wait is hard.
Dr tang is only allotted 1 surgery per month.

4-Jane
on 9/14/12 5:52 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: mental health screening
 It's sexist to imply that the doctor is a man, and are you a part of the assessment team, asking because your post read like you were. 
 Respectfully Jane
Ayorama
on 9/14/12 3:30 pm - Surrey, Canada
Oh, and I've tried to get on the wls support site, but when I requested a logon, it came but doesn't work, so I emailed back and asked for assistance getting on, and have heard nothing back.. that was three days ago. I hope they get to me soon!
Ayorama
on 9/14/12 3:29 pm - Surrey, Canada
I got my appointment in March, and it was yesterday. So I've just started the wait. 4 - 5 years is what the receptionist told me, and 3-4 years is what dr. Amson said. I did ask about going to Dr Tang instead if it was a shorter wait, but i"M a revision, so I really want the most experienced doctor (Amson) plus apparently Dr Tang's wait list is the same as Dr Amson...
shanti4758
on 9/14/12 2:22 pm
Topic: Will It ever happen?
Do any of you wonder if you will get that call about surgery? Or did any of you who had the surgery used to worry it wouldnt happen? somedays I feel obsessive about it . Oh the wait is hard, I just want the phone to ring. How do  survive the wait?

shanti4758
on 9/14/12 1:52 pm
http://www.blazeonline.com/wls

/
that is fantastic that Dr Amson is doing that again. He has done that numerous times and is a real advocate. How did you find out? How long have you been waiting. I am on Dr Tangs list. I would suggest contacting some of the folks that have been quite active in BC advocacy. Blake, Ron Merk and many others that are on some of the other sites.  dont know all the names but if you go to the site above I am sure that Ron Merk help you out.

Most Active