Recent Posts

DeborahWilson
on 9/21/12 3:02 pm - Victoria, Canada
Topic: RE: Halifax to Mexico anyone interested for week of Sept 12th
Glad it went well. Please let me know if you'd be interested in talking with me about your experience. No obligation to be identified or recorded. 

I can also be reached by email at [email protected]

Best regards,
Debbie
suzanneb
on 9/20/12 1:25 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Topic: Vancouver WLS support meetings for October and November ***note dates changes

Vancouver WLS support meeting reminder for October and November

Please note we have changes October meeting date and the November meeting date as follows

Hello everyone

Just to let everyone know our next weight loss surgery support meetings for

Our October wls support meeting will be Thursday, Oct 11 2012 7:00 pm til 8:30 in the Sister Germaine Roy Conference Room.

Our November wls support meeting will be Thursday, Nov 08 2012 from 7:00 pm til 8:30 pm in the Sister Germaine Roy Conference Room.

at Mt. St. Joseph's Hospital, 7:00 to 8:30 pm
(use Prince Edward Street entrance) take the elevator to 1st floor, turn left come a few doors down to Sister Germaine Roy conference room.

December meeting date will remain the same on Thursday December 6th

Please let anyone you know that may be wanting to attend the Vancouver meeting about the date changes for October and November

Our meetings are open to pre-op, post-op, spouses, support people or anyone that's wanting to know about weight loss surgery and needing support.

Any questions please email us at [email protected]

Hope to see you all at the next meeting.

Suzanne

sexy_me
on 9/19/12 12:33 am
VSG on 02/06/12
Topic: RE: Will It ever happen?
 I'd definitely eplore your other options like Dr Nguyen. Of course its possible that it might be a year  but its also could be less. I got in sooner than expected and had surgery, so no harm in trying is it?

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

shanti4758
on 9/18/12 11:03 pm, edited 9/18/12 4:05 am
I have called MJ numerous times since my sept 2009 first appt. she is so nice but always just tells me to hang in there and that she cant tell me where I am on the waitlist. She says it is up to the hospital and she will call when she hrpears from them. I call about every three months. I dont want to annoy her too much either. The waitlist for the richmond docs are over a year for first appt, then i dont know how long. I just wish I knew where I was on the waitlist:(
sexy_me
on 9/18/12 10:06 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
I did scream.. many times did get me in any faster NO! LOL but checkin in with office kept me up to date

PS My flight's on Sept 27 and I'm in for the weekend , same hotel as always LOL

sexy_me
on 9/18/12 9:56 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Hi there,

It's definitely sad that if I waited for Dr Tang to do my surgery I'd still be on that waiting list for another 3 yrs possibly. The best call I made was to MJ earlier this year to remove myself from that list because I just had surgery with Dr Nguyen. I really feel for you! I was informed during the call, it will be a very long wait for all. Since I got my name on the list in early 2009, I was told the list has gotten even longer and with huge cutbacks to funding there isn't much surgical time being allotted to WLS. Maybe explore other options perhaps closer to home. Go ahead make that call just to find out where you currently stand, it may ease your mind.

Hang in there!  

shanti4758
on 9/18/12 6:30 pm
 Lotusgirl how long have u been waiting? Linda I hvent seen tang for about a year since i live so far away.

lotusgyrl
on 9/18/12 12:05 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: mental health screening
Not sure what you intentions are, but I have already been and gone so thank you for your input. Have a good day
lotusgyrl
on 9/18/12 11:44 am - Canada
I totally feel the same way! But I guess there's nothing to do but accept the process and just put one foot ahead of the other....or if you come up with anything better please let me know
Jackie00
on 9/17/12 1:37 am
Topic: RE: Halifax to Mexico anyone interested for week of Sept 12th
Everything is fine, that was a year ago.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active