Recent Posts

Nikkal
on 10/6/12 8:26 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: RE: Attn: All patients in BC, pre-op and post-op!!!
UPDATE - I've heard from the surgeons and the program is not in danger of being cancelled - they're now negotiating the details of how many surgeries will be covered each year...hopefully our letters have been effective!!

So while we may still have to wait, because no health care system ever has enough money to treat everything as it happens, at least there is light ahead!

Nikkal
on 10/6/12 8:22 am
VSG on 07/18/13
Topic: RE: third party insurance
it's highly unlikely. Extended medical in Canada is for paramedical stuff - prescriptions, prosthetics, that kind of stuff - not general surgery. But don't worry - the news out of Westcoast isn't as bad as originally thought (see my post attached to Serenisis' original)
Sharkeatyou
on 10/4/12 11:50 am
Topic: third party insurance
 Hi, I was wondering if third party insurance providers ever cover weight loss surgery.  Since the devastating news of westcoast bariatric is up, I need to find an alternative.  I have written my letter, but now my husband and I are considering provate, or even mexico.  I am just wondering if there is any chance my husbands extended benefits cover WLS.  I know I could call them, but I was just wondering if anyone else has done this?
Leanne43
on 10/3/12 5:16 pm - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
Topic: RE: i have a question
thanks , i didn't even know we had one just for our province.

shanti4758
on 10/2/12 1:03 pm
Topic: RE: i have a question
 Yes it is a board for everyone in BC.

Leanne43
on 10/1/12 6:19 pm - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
Topic: i have a question
is this board for RNY patients also?

porkandbeans
on 9/29/12 3:22 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Will It ever happen?
I'm 60 also but do not have a date yet.  Congrats and good luck!
sexy_me
on 9/29/12 2:54 pm, edited 9/30/12 5:25 am
VSG on 02/06/12
Topic: Hello Hello Hello???
Hey I am BAAACK!!!  LOL

I've spent the day yesterday in appointments and touring about and out n bout again today. I am in til Monday.

If I miss you do not to worry I will return in..... November 

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

sexy_me
on 9/29/12 2:49 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Wow thats news. I just seen him yesterday and he did not say anything about this... oh well I hope its just temporary.

And....

YES I AM HERE!!

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

Nikkal
on 9/29/12 2:42 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
 I'd like to echo Aleya's plea.

PLEASE - even if you didn't have your surgery with Dr. Sampath or Dr. Nguyen (or Dr. Amson or any of the other BC surgeons), please write to the Minister and copy your MLA.

In fact, those of you who did go out of country, or are planning to do so are valuable - you're the prime example of why they need to increase funding! They don't want us going out of province for medical care - they discourage it, and with good reason.

we know that there are good surgeons with great equipment in Mexico, but they don't. What they should hear is that BC didn't fund a vital, life-changing operation - that you needed to leave your home to be cared for.

I doubt this cutback only affects Westcoast Bariatric...it probably hits Victoria too.

these cutbacks will cost more money over the long run...surgery pays for itself in reduced health care costs in 3.5 yrs, on average...and those reduced costs last for life!

Most Active