Recent Posts

Kever4Life
on 10/17/12 6:12 am - Canada
RNY on 03/26/12
Topic: RE: Attn: All patients in BC, pre-op and post-op!!!

From what I understand it is temporarily on hold due to funding. They are trying to get more funding so more surgeries can happen but it is up to the government. I saw Nooshin and Dr.N yesterday and they sound hopeful. I really hope it gets resolved soon so this does not affect alot of people. I am so very thankful for my surgery and my weightloss, I believe every overweight patient should be able to feel good! Fingers crossed that it gets ironed out soon!! Every little bit helps, do not give up it will be so worth it!!

Cheers,

Karen

Karen 

shanti4758
on 10/16/12 2:31 pm
I am getting sleeved by dr lopez in TJ next week. $4500 and there are tons of excellent reviews on him. I waited 3 yrs and cant wait another 2. I did alot of letter writing and talking to MLA's and anyone else who would listen. Many many of us have been doing that for years. I cant wait any longer. I wish you all much strength and luck as your journey continues.

PattiS
on 10/11/12 5:21 am
Topic: RE: third party insurance
Here is a link for you
https://www.globalprotectivesolutions.com/enroll/surgical-tourism-canada
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/12 10:39 am - Canada
Topic: RE: X-Post: 2 years since my VSG - Pics - Long
Thx for sharing. You look amazing. Can u share with me exactly what blood work the doctor orders for u. Mine only checks iron and b12 but I feel like he should be checking more

Thx so much
Lana
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/12 10:29 am - Canada
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/12 10:17 am - Canada
Hi everyone. I know not everyone can afford it but I just couldn't wait the four years to have the surgery in BC so I went to Mexico. Very reputable top of the line surgeons there. Paid 7,000 USD and with the great exchange Rate pretty much par. I went to DR. Joya and have reached my goal weight in a year. Couldn't be more happier. Mexico is not as bad as some people try to make it out.

Blessings in your journey
nano1
on 10/9/12 6:43 am - Port Coquitlam, Canada
Topic: RE: 1 week since surgery
Thanks so much for the update. Glad to see your food selections are expanding.. What type of surgery did you have?
karen26
on 10/9/12 3:09 am - Canada
Topic: RE: 1 week since surgery
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I am doing fine. Having problems getting enough water in but everday a little bit more. I am on soft foods now and it was great having more choices and not having to drink everything. I think the first couple of weeks are the hardest, for me it wasn't pain as I had virtuatly none but getting enough food in. It certainly a learning experience. Weight wise I am pleased I have lost 40LBS. since late May and 20LBS since surgery on Sept.17th. Nothing fits LOL. I would love to keep in touch with you as well. Good luck. Karen

[email protected]
Momx4kids
on 10/9/12 2:17 am - Abbotsford, Canada
Topic: RE: i have a question
Yes I have had RNY.

Sharkeatyou
on 10/6/12 2:48 pm
 That is comforting news, I had given up hope completely.  I too did my letter writing and explained my issues and waitlist, from a patient perspective and from a nursing prospective.  I do not want to be an overweight nurse lol.  I am positive, and hope our letters work.  THANKS Nikkal
Most Active